Thread: Pistol Range near Fayetteville, NC

Post imported post

I'm looking for an outdoor pistol range near Fayetteville, NC. Preferably one of those that issues a gate key and a rule sheet for an annual fee. I don't require instruction or supervision. The McKellar's Range is cool but the registration requirement is a turn-off.

Thank You!

Post imported post

When I was there I drove a few miles out to a place that was $5.00 to shoot all day.

That was back in 1990 and I cannot recall the name of the place.

Post imported post

If your familiar with Fayetteville there's 2 outdoor ranges that I know of. They are both wildlife ranges. One is behind the Cumberland County Arena and Expo center. The other I have only been too once. its just outside of town on 87 south going towards E town. There is a small sign on the far north bound side at the road you have to turn left on. I will try and find out the name of the range and the road its on. Jims pawn shop and Guns plus in Spring Lake have indoor ranges but I find them always crowded. Its nice and quite at the outdoor wildlife ranges.

Post imported post

I'm going to take a drive down there and see what I can find. I have checked several internet listings for outdoor ranges and usually get the same ones over and over. They are mostly commercial enterprises aimed at helping military personnel develop their skills. I'm more interested in a quiet, private, outdoor setting at a fair price. If you think of anything else, I'd appreciate it. This is the best info so far.