• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Illinois telephone poll to vote agains gun control

ChuckB

imported post

Saw this in the Illinois forum. I called and voted and I think we all should.
The Illinois State Rifle Association has sent out an alert regarding a telephone poll in Cook County where callers can vote for or against gun-control ordinances; it's important to note that you do not need to be a resident of Cook County to vote. According to ISRA, the Cook County Board is attempting to justify passage of gun-control ordinances designed to close all gun shops and ban and confiscate most guns owned by citizens of the county. ISRA says here's what callers should do: Call 1-312 -603-6400 and select Option 1 when prompted. At the next prompt, select Option 1 again. Then, when prompted to vote on the gun-control ordinance, press 2. It's important to let all your gun-owning friends know about this and have them vote too; also, post this alert to your Internet sites and blogs.
CALL IN TO BLOCK COOK COUNTY GUN BAN . . .