Thread: WTB: Glock G30 (3rd Gen)

Post imported post

Mission complete. Many thanks to the gentleman from across the Sound.

Looking to buy a 3rd Gen .45 ACP Glock G30; face-to-face. I've finally filled the cookie jar and I'm ready to buy my first privately owned firearm. I've done about a year and a half of research and test-firing and I've concluded that the G30 is the best fit for me overall. I figured I would see if there are any deals to be had privately before rushing down to SW and paying full price over the counter.

I live in Kingston, and I have a valid WA state DL and a brand-spankin'-new CPL.

Looking to spend $450 for a low-mileage gun, but a higher price can be negotiated for add ons ($550 is my ceiling):

Extra mags
    Ammunition
    Night sights/high visibility sights
    Holster

Thanks for reading and drop me a PM if you're interested.

Post imported post

I highly suggest watching Gunbroker.com for deals. That's where I found my G27 with extra mag, night sights and grip sleeve for $420 + $20 ship + $20 transfer = $460 total. It was "used like new", but I couldn't really tell it had ever been fired.

Just like with any auction site, you have to know what you're doing to not get taken to the cleaners (just like on eBay), but with a little common sense and some tech-savvy, you should be good to go.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I also keep an eye out for deals on the local equipment exchange on ar15.com - i've seen guns go for CHEAP!!! :what:

Post imported post

Thank you both for the quick replies! I've been checking gunbroker every couple of days but I haven't looked into ar15.com yet. I appreciate the advice.

Post imported post

3/325 wrote:
    Thank you both for the quick replies! I've been checking gunbroker every couple of days but I haven't looked into ar15.com yet. I appreciate the advice.
    glocktalk.com too, as there seems to be many GLOCKS for sale on GLOCKtalk. Good luck. The G30 is a wonderful gun, and you should be able to find one just the way you describe, as many G30 owners are trading into a new G30SF, so used "regular" G30's are easy to come by.

Post imported post

auctionarms.com is another good firearm auction house. I have bought four off of it and have been completely satisfied with the pistols. Like JAC said you need to be at least a little weary and make sure these guys have had dealings in the past and have a very good reputation on the auction site.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

I suppose I should also ask if anyone knows of a FFL in Kitsap Co. (preferably North), and what's the typical cost? I would prefer to buy FTF but I may end up finding a sweet deal on something out of state.

Post imported post

3/325 wrote:
    I suppose I should also ask if anyone knows of a FFL in Kitsap Co. (preferably North), and what's the typical cost? I would prefer to buy FTF but I may end up finding a sweet deal on something out of state.
    Check on Gunbroker's Find an FFL page. Just put in your zip code and look for the best deal on handguns. I pay $20 for a handgun transfer from a guy that runs his FFL biz out of his house in Everett.

Honestly, I would rather buy out of state than in, since the sales tax is almost ALWAYS more money than shipping and transfer fee combined.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

3/325 wrote:
    I figured I would see if there are any deals to be had privately before rushing down to SW and paying full price over the counter.
    If you don't find a good private deal, check Mary's Pistols in Tacoma; they have really good prices.

North of Seattlle, South of Canada, Washington, USA

Post imported post

Rail or no rail? May have something of interest. PM sent with e-mail info.