• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTB: Glock G30 (3rd Gen)

3/325

imported post

Mission complete. Many thanks to the gentleman from across the Sound.

Looking to buy a 3rd Gen .45 ACP Glock G30; face-to-face. I've finally filled the cookie jar and I'm ready to buy my first privately owned firearm. I've done about a year and a half of research and test-firing and I've concluded that the G30 is the best fit for me overall. I figured I would see if there are any deals to be had privately before rushing down to SW and paying full price over the counter.

I live in Kingston, and I have a valid WA state DL and a brand-spankin'-new CPL.

Looking to spend $450 for a low-mileage gun, but a higher price can be negotiated for add ons ($550 is my ceiling):

Extra mags
Ammunition
Night sights/high visibility sights
Holster

Thanks for reading and drop me a PM if you're interested.

just_a_car

imported post

I highly suggest watching Gunbroker.com for deals. That's where I found my G27 with extra mag, night sights and grip sleeve for $420 + $20 ship + $20 transfer = $460 total. It was "used like new", but I couldn't really tell it had ever been fired.

Just like with any auction site, you have to know what you're doing to not get taken to the cleaners (just like on eBay), but with a little common sense and some tech-savvy, you should be good to go.

3/325

imported post

Thank you both for the quick replies! I've been checking gunbroker every couple of days but I haven't looked into ar15.com yet. I appreciate the advice.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

3/325 wrote:
Thank you both for the quick replies! I've been checking gunbroker every couple of days but I haven't looked into ar15.com yet. I appreciate the advice.
glocktalk.com too, as there seems to be many GLOCKS for sale on GLOCKtalk. Good luck. The G30 is a wonderful gun, and you should be able to find one just the way you describe, as many G30 owners are trading into a new G30SF, so used "regular" G30's are easy to come by.

joeroket

imported post

auctionarms.com is another good firearm auction house. I have bought four off of it and have been completely satisfied with the pistols. Like JAC said you need to be at least a little weary and make sure these guys have had dealings in the past and have a very good reputation on the auction site.

3/325

imported post

I suppose I should also ask if anyone knows of a FFL in Kitsap Co. (preferably North), and what's the typical cost? I would prefer to buy FTF but I may end up finding a sweet deal on something out of state.

just_a_car

imported post

3/325 wrote:
I suppose I should also ask if anyone knows of a FFL in Kitsap Co. (preferably North), and what's the typical cost? I would prefer to buy FTF but I may end up finding a sweet deal on something out of state.
Check on Gunbroker's Find an FFL page. Just put in your zip code and look for the best deal on handguns. I pay $20 for a handgun transfer from a guy that runs his FFL biz out of his house in Everett.

Honestly, I would rather buy out of state than in, since the sales tax is almost ALWAYS more money than shipping and transfer fee combined.