Thread: VENTURA COUNTY OC Chapter Forming *Please Join*

Post imported post

I invite anyone who lives in Ventura County to contact meso we canestablish a new local chapter for Open Carry. I am ready to have meetings maybe once a month somewhere/anywhere and get this off the ground.

Iwould like to video tape OC encounters and get them on the Cable Access channel, local newsif possible, or into court for rights violations, harassment, defamation of characterand such.

We also needthe group to go out in publicto keep the witnesses in larger numbers so we don't get railroaded with false charges if they choose to do so.

When we make enough waves in the areathe powers that bemay find that Shall Issue' instead of 'May Issue'Conceal Weapons Permits are needed to get the guns out of sight instead of out in the open.

We already have the NRA and California Rifle and Pistol Association supporting us, please support your right to carryand join. Use it or lose it applies here bigtime.

Currently I need: leaders, members andactivists. anyone ready to move on this?

Please keep this Thread related to this topic only.

You may contact me through personl messages if you are interested.

Post imported post

Good on you! Don't let the bastards grind you down!

I take issue with only one of your comments. By saying you want to OC so the gov't will let you CC "to get the guns out of sight instead of out in the open", you imply you're willing to let the state abrogate one of your RIGHTS by offering you a PRIVILEGE (which they can later restrict or rescind). Be careful what you wish for! There's no reason you can't demand both.

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    Good on you! Don't let the bastards grind you down!

I take issue with only one of your comments. By saying you want to OC so the gov't will let you CC "to get the guns out of sight instead of out in the open", you imply you're willing to let the state abrogate one of your RIGHTS by offering you a PRIVILEGE (which they can later restrict or rescind). Be careful what you wish for! There's no reason you can't demand both.
    I want both! I want to use the open carry law to get them to realize 'Shall Issue' is the answer to remove the guns form open sight and will cost them less money in response to public calls about open carry and it will also make alot more money in CCW permits for them. May take a bite out of crime too, even though we have one of the lowest rates anywhere.

Post imported post

I am very interested and would not mind being a wing man to record and be a witness. Odd are i will not open carry for some time seeing i ownly own rifles/shotguns at the moment and if i were to UOC i would need to find a new place to move. Give me more info and it will be very interesting, the local ventura cops are very against people OC and will do whatever they can to stop you. Even the CA BOF on the phonesaid the local PD maylie and threaten peoplein the name of public safety.

Post imported post

that's why we need to unite and conquer the powers that be...we need more people and a solid plan.
    sendmoney, guns and lawyers as the song says LOL
    I have lived in this county as long as most the cities have been incorporated and it's going to be a real battle ground...weall have to OC or we have no chance with only one open carry and a videographer. I hope we can both find a few people each and get a group going soon.
    power is in numbers! it may take a short while but we can prevail since State law is on our side. It may come down to a jury of our peers in the end. We also need to weed out bad law enforcement and that is a huge task.
    if you private message me I will send over my cell number and we can chat.

Post imported post

I guess we should put this on hold until this legal thing passes on through. I hope we gain something worthwhile. Loaded carry would be nice so we are not at a disadvantage. School zones should be next to change back to a line is a line and forget the 1000ft BS. except if a crime was commited.

Post imported post

The incorporation process may last a few monthsas mentionon calgunsand i would hope the school gun free zone is repealed and OC loaded is much better. Not to mention once it is declared a right if cops harass OC'ers it will make it easier tosue the PD.