• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Calgunners scheduling a Open Carry dinner in San Diego

cato

imported post

They've been contacted by the SD PD who has said they will pay a friendly, yes I do mean friendly, visit to say hello to the OCers!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=1363559#post1363559
I got a call from El Indio restaurant to confirm the time of the event. I inform the manager that we were still planning on attending on the Sunday July 20. She then informed me that it was not a problem and that they would have everything ready for us.

She also informed me that she had just gotten a called from San Diego Police Department and that a Detective J.K. Hodgins wanted to talk to me. I called the Detective and he told me that someone had called the San Diego PD about this event and that he was glad that we were doing this because he is a member of the NRA and a gun collector himself.

He also told me that what we were doing was a fantastic idea and that he was going to be there along with a couple of Officers to ensure that everything went fine without any problems and to ensure that we complied with the law. He even went to tell me that he was going to check a couple of the firearms to ensure that we complied with all applicable gun laws i.e, not loaded guns and he said that as long as the firearm was not loaded that were good to go.

I spoke to him about having loaded mags and he said that as long as they are not inside of the magazine well or touching the firearm that we would be o.k. He also said that he has been reading Cal Guns since he was made aware of this OC event and that he likes what he sees and hopes to see more OC people here in SD to educate the general population.

All in all it sounded very positive with no negative stuff coming from his end. The one thing that he ask was that if we had screened the people coming to the event and I told him that as far as I knew every single one that was attending was a law abiding citizen. He left me his phone number to call him with any questions that we might have. So what do you guys/gals think?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I lived in SD for two years and left two years ago, glad to see some folks standing up for freedom there. I OC so much here in WA it's become second nature. Then I have to remind myself of two years of being disarmed in California.

Congrats on a good meet guys! If any of you find yourself in Olympia, WA drop me a note and we'll get coffee.

Mebbe a few repeats of this will get the Sheriff to start issuing CC licenses.