• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 19 Owners?

BrianEMT

imported post

I'm thinking about picking one up through a buddy of mine who gets them ridiculously cheap...but the rental fee and range time at Impact Guns is rather steep...

Anyone in the Boise area have one they would be willing to let me test fire? :D I'm out at the Blacks Creek Open Range at least twice a week...

tatersalad

imported post

Thats a funny coincidence because I was at Impact Guns yesterday shooting their rental Glock 19. I timed it right because if was their anniversary sale and lane rentals were free and gun rentals were only $5. I don't like the Glocks too much because of the blocky grip, I just can't grip it comfortably, but thats just me. Still fun to shoot though. That problem will be solved as soon as I get my S&W M&P 9mm. The M&P is very ergonomic and is a hell of a lot more comfortable than a Glock.

bourneshooter

imported post

What do you normally shoot BrianEMT? That will help on giving advice about the G19.

How can you be at the Blacks Creek range twice a week with the cost of ammo so high?

BrianEMT

imported post

Right now I'm shooting a Ruger P89DC, which has been good so far. It only jammed for the first time in more than 2000 rounds a few days ago...and that was because I didn't have a mag in. The only problem is...after about 20 rounds, if I don't field strip and clean every single part, it gets "Couldnt Hit The Broadside of a Barn Syndrome"...

A buddy of mine can get the Glock 19 for about $395, so its either that, or S&W's new M&P line...

I also reload 9mm, so it costs me about 3 cents per round at the most...I usually shoot about 150-200 rounds everytime I am out there...

BrianEMT

imported post

Phew...$502 for four new tires...

I'm going out there again tomorrow (MONDAY) to catch some offroad trails in the area and then to the Blacks Creek open range again around 1PM.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BrianEMT wrote:
I also reload 9mm, so it costs me about 3 cents per round at the most
Where do you buy your components, I can't seem to find 9mm bullets for less than $0.08 per shot, and that's buying 1000 bullets at a time.

BrianEMT

imported post

I managed to get 2000 bullets in bulk from Gunbroker.com for $60 SHIPPED. The guy had literally just listed it and I jumped on it. They were mixed however, so I had to sit there with a scale and hand sort out the 115 from the 124, I've also rejected about 100 or so...

Because not all of them are Winchester or any one consistent brand that I know of, I've pretty much left myself with 2000 rounds of plinking ammo, which is alright, I don't have a real rest to test out loads anyway. I've just been figuring out which loads are too powerful, too weak, have bad accuracy, etc.

The brass I bought in a 3000 piece lot for about $40 shipped, also from Gunbroker.

The primers I buy in 1000 piece boxes of Federal 100's from Sportsman for about $26.99, which considering I reuse the brass, brings the price to around 3 cents per round.

As for the powder and the first 2000 primers, I picked up from Sportsman in Salem, OR on my way home, evading about $10 in taxes. :D

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks for the info. For some reason it never occurred to me to check gunbroker for reloading components. Looks like good deals are there to be had.

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

When are you out there. I have one you can use. I need to go shooting anyway! PM me or post here when you'll be there. I'll see if I can make it... I'll be available after the weekend of the 4th, if that's soon enough.

At that price, can you get the deal for me? :cool:

BrianEMT

imported post

I'll be out there today, but that might be short notice. Based on the weather report Sunday looks like it won't be quite as hot, I'll be out there around 4PM or 5PM again.

Hubby_MC

imported post

tatersalad wrote:
Thats a funny coincidence because I was at Impact Guns yesterday shooting their rental Glock 19. I timed it right because if was their anniversary sale and lane rentals were free and gun rentals were only $5. I don't like the Glocks too much because of the blocky grip, I just can't grip it comfortably, but thats just me. Still fun to shoot though. That problem will be solved as soon as I get my S&W M&P 9mm. The M&P is very ergonomic and is a hell of a lot more comfortable than a Glock.
Used to carry a Glock 21 (45 ACP) with the Marhsals office. One trick the SOU guys taught me was to get some skaters tape, the black sand paper type stuff, and cut it to the same size as the insert space in the Glock grips. This gives it a much more solid grip when you hold it. In the case of the 21 wich has a much larger grip it made a huge difference in the way the pistol handled. This will work with any of the newer Polymer style pistols. I do not however have it on my current ccw because it tends to exacerbate the problem of clothing catching on the handle and riding up.

Navajo

imported post

Wife carries a 19, bought her a Crimson Trace laser for Valentines Day ( Something red)

She loves it!

If you still need to check one out,PM me.

BrianEMT

imported post

Nope, sent out the FFL today, it will be here in about a week!

Just in time for my birthday. :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Thanks for the offer though!