• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

my oc log.

Hiredgun30

imported post

I was bored today so i went and OC'ed in HYde Park, camels back park,
and the boise coop... No negative experiences.. just funny looks that were defeated
by my smiles. i have started carrying copies of The Prohibited conduct section of 18-33 to show misinformed idahoans

Attachments

• swat.gif
    swat.gif
    48.9 KB · Views: 419

Hiredgun30

imported post

I am amazed about how many gun owners are given bad information.
I OC'ed today while working on my lawn.
I spoke to some of my neighbors who had questions. (mainly X Californians)..lol
I had a friend make up some stickers that say (Open carry is perfectly legal)
and (open carry saves lives).
see what u guys have done to me.. until I started going to this website, I thought that I was having fun CCing. After OCing, CCing is kind of a hastle because of my current wardrobe selection.
I would much rather OC but I still 110 % support CC and the idahoans that do that.:celebrate

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
I would much rather OC but I still 110 % support CC and the idahoans that do that.:celebrate

Lot's of us here support OC and CC. I'm more interested in arming everyone; how they choose to carry it is up to them. OC allows me more opportunity to share my ideas with people, though sometimes it is better for me to CC. I don't think you'll find much argument here from people about how you choose to carry. Good luck OCing, hope to see you out there.

Hiredgun30

imported post

I oc'ed in subway on 10th in caldwell, no issues to report.
I then went to caldwell municipal park to eat because of the shade.
I had a white chevy pickup pass by me 3 times as i ate. the pickup then parked right beside me and a man and woman got out.
they went and sat a a picnic table about 25 feet from me and the woman got on her cell. it was quiet in the park so i could hear her tell someone that she was at municipal park.
I immediately knew what was going on. i reactively touched both front pockets
and confirmed that i had i.d. on my person, i then looked to make sure i hadnt parked in a no parking zone. both were clear.
a few mintues later i looked up and a caldwell PD cruiser was slowing headed my way. the officer was also looking my way. ( i broke the cardinal rule) i didnt bring my recorder. I fully expected him to make contact with me but he just slowly drove by
and we waved to eachother.

i could see the disappointment in their eyes.
me, i gave my famous smile.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

I always find it funny that people are scared enough to call the police and report a "man with a gun" but they obviously weren't too scared or they would have left! The police encounter went just as it should have though...check out what was reported, don't see anything wrong and keep driving. I wish they could all be that civil.

bourneshooter

imported post

Sounds like a great day there Hiredgun30.

Sure is a good reminder to check for the recorder everytime we get ready to OC.

Hiredgun30

imported post

oc'ed at subway on 10th in caldwell yesterday, then took my son and oc'ed in caldwell municipal park. nothing to report.

took a fishing trip to idaho city on saturday. went into town and oc'ed in tom's service.
no issues to report.

oc'ed in the park in my subdivision..
nothing to report

I am starting to see more people oc'ing around caldwell though.
glad to see..

bourneshooter

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
...I am starting to see more people oc'ing around caldwell though.
glad to see..
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

MarkinIdaho

imported post

Hey there Hiredgun30... I'm new to the site and like your oc log. Interesting stuff.

I saw elsewhere that you work for DOC - my wife works at the HQ in Boise. Which facility are you at?

MarkinIdaho

imported post

Ah! My wife works in Central Records... she's the one that helps put all the move stuff in the system, and helps grandma find their poor misunderstood grandson. :banghead:

Hiredgun30

imported post

oc'ed in stinker station in downtown caldwell today.., then oc'ed in subway,
then went in sat and ate in caldwell municipal park. no issues to report.