Wilkes-Barre City Council meeting. August 7 at 6PM
This thread is to discuss the agenda (suggestions welcome), attendance as well as coordinate car-pooling, etc. of the next meeting in response to the incident on 6/7 as chronicled here:
The agenda is to address the following issues with city council:
We will also want to ask City Council what they plan to do about this issue and that we will return the following month for an answer.
1) WBPD Harassing open carrier for no stated legal purpose.
2) The refusal of the WBPD to state what they are "investigating" in regards to detaining mystery_man and confiscating his firearm
3) Training is in order for WBPD to prevent these incidents where people are being illegally detained and harassed. The consequences of which could include criminal complaints and civil lawsuits.
4) We have training materials for their inspection, ironically the same training materials I sent to WBPD a year ago that they obviously chose to not use or acknowledge were needed.
5) It is in the city's best interest to ensure the WBPD makes the incident report available for the public since the actions of the police that night were in violation of the law and incriminating to the WBPD, as such they are of high level of public concern and interest. So far WBPD has hid the incident report behind the "ongoing investigation" claim. Since they will not tell the aggrieved citizen what crime he is being "investigated" for having committed it makes the PD look as if they are covering up something.
Wilkes-Barre City Hall
Council meeting: Aug 7th
City hall ~ 4th floor in Council Chambers.
40 East Market Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
Pre-meeting: TBDRoll call: