Thread: Postponed! Gun Owners to Attend Wilkes-Barre City Council meeting

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Wilkes-Barre City Council meeting. August 7 at 6PM

This thread is to discuss the agenda (suggestions welcome), attendance as well as coordinate car-pooling, etc. of the next meeting in response to the incident on 6/7 as chronicled here:
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...pen-carry.html

The agenda is to address the following issues with city council:

1) WBPD Harassing open carrier for no stated legal purpose.

2) The refusal of the WBPD to state what they are "investigating" in regards to detaining mystery_man and confiscating his firearm

3) Training is in order for WBPD to prevent these incidents where people are being illegally detained and harassed. The consequences of which could include criminal complaints and civil lawsuits.

4) We have training materials for their inspection, ironically the same training materials I sent to WBPD a year ago that they obviously chose to not use or acknowledge were needed.

5) It is in the city's best interest to ensure the WBPD makes the incident report available for the public since the actions of the police that night were in violation of the law and incriminating to the WBPD, as such they are of high level of public concern and interest. So far WBPD has hid the incident report behind the "ongoing investigation" claim. Since they will not tell the aggrieved citizen what crime he is being "investigated" for having committed it makes the PD look as if they are covering up something.
    We will also want to ask City Council what they plan to do about this issue and that we will return the following month for an answer.

INFO:
    Wilkes-Barre City Hall
    http://www.wilkes-barre.pa.us/citycouncil.php

Council meeting: Aug 7th

City hall ~ 4th floor in Council Chambers.
    40 East Market Street
    Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711

Telephone: 208-4100

MAP
    (click)

Parking:

Meeting areas:
    Pre-meeting: TBD
    Post-meeting: TBD
    Roll call:

Post imported post

Guess I'll be making another trip up north...

Anyhow, I have 3 seats open in my car, and I'll be leaving the Allentown area around 4-4:30. All I ask in return in a box of ammo.

I might be persuaded to do a pickup down in the Philadelphia area, but that would most definitely require a two-boxes-of-ammo contribution.

Post imported post

You know I will definitely be there!

Banned

Post imported post

Well, if anyone's coming from the west, I'm more than good at filling a seat. I just can't justify driving there alone.

Post imported post

Way to go guys. Show them that gun owners are not to be stereotyped and that they are also not to be underestimated as a public voice!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Just some notes from the experience that those here in Utah had back when we met with the city counsel.

- Having the media there was of great value.

- Make sure you know what are the proper avenuse to raise concerns. The Mayor in West Valley City basically told us that the counsel could and would not do anything. That the city manager was in charge of the police force and the police chief. If this is the case with your city, then you might prepare for this response.

- Prepare your speech and make sure you cover the points necessary.

- Check your emotions at the door.

- Ask the counsel/mayor if/what they intend to do given the info you present. Get a commitment to action from them. Don't settle for a thanks for coming.

- Make sure and follow through, other wise it is nothing more than a publicity stunt.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Sorry for the late update ~ busy day!

Yes, there is a need to postpone this addressing of City Council until next month. will be an update this weekend explaining why.

I have updated the OP to reflect this.

Post imported post

Hey everyone! Due to some behind-the-scenes developments, there is a need to again postpone the addressing of City Council until next month. I will post an update when I have the new date and time.

A.J.

Post imported post

mystery_man wrote:
    Hey everyone! Due to some behind-the-scenes developments, there is a need to again postpone the addressing of City Council until next month. I will post an update when I have the new date and time.

A.J.
    Ah good. I entirely forgot about this, saw the updated thread, and thought, "Oh pooh!"

But I'll make sure to better mark down the date for September...