Thread: Gun Rights Yard Signs

Post imported post

It's election time and everyone will soon have VOTE FOR.... in their front yard. I think we should show how we feel about our cause....

http://signs.cafepress.com/second-amendment_yard-signs

I have attached the sign I will probably be ordering!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

Post imported post

I don't have a yard (Apartment dweller)

Post imported post

I do not think such a sign is advisable, as the sign will act as a beacon for burglary while you're away. To me the sign says, "Free gun! Break in while I'm away and get yourself a free gun!"

Post imported post

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:
    I do not think such a sign is advisable, as the sign will act as a beacon for burglary while you're away. To me the sign says, "Free gun! Break in while I'm away and get yourself a free gun!"
    Really? I always bring my gun with me. Plus, when I am away, Brinks Home Security has my back.

Post imported post

I'd replace the ruger silhouette with a picture of my auto-tracking minigun turrets I have concealed on my lawn.

I'd also hope that the graves in the back yard with "Unknown, killed on 01/01/01 while trying to break into my home" would help to discourage criminals.

Post imported post

jeremyabbott wrote:
    MetalChris wrote:
    Really? I always bring my gun with me. Plus, when I am away, Brinks Home Security has my back.
    You carry all of your guns with you, or you just have one gun?

In my case there's always at least one gun in my house, and I don't have a security system, so for me it wouldn't bea very good idea. Now if you think your security system is enough of a deterrent, more power to ya, but I still don't think it's a good idea.

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:
    The same way Open Carry says 'shoot me first'?

Funny sign
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

I'd also hope that the graves in the back yard with "Unknown, killed on 01/01/01 while trying to break into my home" would help to discourage criminals.

Now that's my kind of idea. The wife's been after me for some more flower beds. What better way to decorate them. I can make the headstone and make a point, she can have her flowers.

No lawn: Modify it to a window "Sticky" or shade.

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    No lawn: Modify it to a window "Sticky" or shade.
    The website also offers decals.

Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Brinks Home Security has my back.
    Riiiiiight.

Post imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
    Brinks Home Security has my back.
    Riiiiiight.
    Hello, this is Jim at Brinks Home Security. Is everything OK? We had an alarm that your dining room window was broken.

Hey, thanks for calling, man. Like, sure, everythings like cool, ya know? The Mr. & Mrs. are all tied up, and Billy-Bob is upstairs with the twin girls while Johnny is showing me where the jewlery is stashed. But, really, man, thanks for calling.

OK, then. Do you need any assistance?

No, man. We got it all covered. Tony's out at the Wal-Mart looking for a good SUV to haul all this stuff out with. We're good.

Thanks for using Brinks Home Security. Be sure to re-set your alarm if you go out later tonight. Bye.

Sure, man. Oops, gotta go - Tony's here and you oughta see the size of the Hummer he's backedthrough the front door. We won't een have to go down the steps to get the loot into the back. You stay frosty, man.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I intend to get that sign, I like it.

I live in the woods. Neighbors think I'm nuts. They think I have my land mined...I don't, but door is wired to detonate if opened wrong. People think my whole cabin is wired. Good.

Sign says:

WARNING! Your picture was taken before you reached door which

is wired to detonate. Have a good day and goodby!

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:

I live in the woods. Neighbors think I'm nuts. They think I have my land mined...I don't, but door is wired to detonate if opened wrong. People think my whole cabin is wired. Good.

Sign says:

NICE!

Post imported post

Looks like a bit of tannerite, isn't it rather unstable?

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:

Sign says:

You've checked your state regulations on the legality of booby traps, right? KRS 237.030, I think?

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

Post imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
    You've checked your state regulations on the legality of booby traps, right? KRS 237.030, I think?

--RedKnightt--

Correct. Even had Sheriff look at it.

It is NOT a booby trap. *Booby traps are illegal.* This little deal is totally overt. NOT hidden.

He asked me "What if thethief can't read?" I told him tough,they shoulda stayed in school.

Added: It is indeed, in a Tannerite bottle. I wanted it to show (bright label). Not Tannerite, and did you notice the Mercury switch hanging? I wanted everything to show except the battery. VERY hard to disarm.....unless you know exactly what to do.

Sheriff knows what to do.

Post imported post

Replace your, "House Protected By Smith And Wesson" window tag, and replace it with one that reads, "House Protected By Joe Horn."
    I'll bet crime drops to virtually nil in your neighborhood for quite some time.

Post imported post

My HOA only allows shotgun wired behind the door booby traps.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    House Protected By Joe Horn.
    Thanks for remembering Joe Horn. He contested with the Devil and won!

Post imported post

Walleye wrote:
    I'd replace the ruger silhouette with a picture of my auto-tracking minigun turrets I have concealed on my lawn.

Sounds like a fun idea for Halloween! Toss some fake skeletons around and those fake arms/legs sticking from the ground, and spread all non reloadable casings all about here and there, plus some fake bloody clothes and some crime scene tape and....

Post imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
    Sounds like a fun idea for Halloween! Toss some fake skeletons around and those fake arms/legs sticking from the ground, and spread all non reloadable casings all about here and there, plus some fake bloody clothes and some crime scene tape and....
    please.. don't tempt me...

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:

Sign says:

That is funny!!

Not very neighborly now are ya'?

I lived in 10 acres of wooded land as a kid. It would be so easy for someone to just kick in the door and take what they wanted. We left the door unlocked to avoid having to repair it in case they did break in.

To this day.... I do not think a stranger ever ventured onto the property. We did catch the neighbor girl filling up a container with soda. We had a frig outside that had two taps. One with beer and the other with soda. Kids could choose what they wanted.

Post imported post

Hell, you want to be un-neighborly? Post your prpoerty with no trespassing signs. Then, right next to those signs, place signs that state:

WARNING:

TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT!

SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN!

(The above is a JOKE.) But I LOVE the sentiment.