• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Rights Yard Signs

MetalChris

imported post

I do not think such a sign is advisable, as the sign will act as a beacon for burglary while you're away. To me the sign says, "Free gun! Break in while I'm away and get yourself a free gun!" :)

jeremyabbott

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
I do not think such a sign is advisable, as the sign will act as a beacon for burglary while you're away. To me the sign says, "Free gun! Break in while I'm away and get yourself a free gun!" :)
Really? I always bring my gun with me. Plus, when I am away, Brinks Home Security has my back.

Walleye

imported post

I'd replace the ruger silhouette with a picture of my auto-tracking minigun turrets I have concealed on my lawn.

I'd also hope that the graves in the back yard with "Unknown, killed on 01/01/01 while trying to break into my home" would help to discourage criminals. ;)

MetalChris

imported post

jeremyabbott wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
Really? I always bring my gun with me. Plus, when I am away, Brinks Home Security has my back.
You carry all of your guns with you, or you just have one gun?

In my case there's always at least one gun in my house, and I don't have a security system, so for me it wouldn't bea very good idea. Now if you think your security system is enough of a deterrent, more power to ya, but I still don't think it's a good idea. ;)

VAopencarry

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
The same way Open Carry says 'shoot me first'?

Funny sign:lol:

WARCHILD

imported post

I'd also hope that the graves in the back yard with "Unknown, killed on 01/01/01 while trying to break into my home" would help to discourage criminals.

Now that's my kind of idea. The wife's been after me for some more flower beds. What better way to decorate them. I can make the headstone and make a point, she can have her flowers.

No lawn: Modify it to a window "Sticky" or shade.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Brinks Home Security has my back.
Riiiiiight. :lol:

Hello, this is Jim at Brinks Home Security. Is everything OK? We had an alarm that your dining room window was broken.

Hey, thanks for calling, man. Like, sure, everythings like cool, ya know? The Mr. & Mrs. are all tied up, and Billy-Bob is upstairs with the twin girls while Johnny is showing me where the jewlery is stashed. But, really, man, thanks for calling.

OK, then. Do you need any assistance?

No, man. We got it all covered. Tony's out at the Wal-Mart looking for a good SUV to haul all this stuff out with. We're good.

Thanks for using Brinks Home Security. Be sure to re-set your alarm if you go out later tonight. Bye.

Sure, man. Oops, gotta go - Tony's here and you oughta see the size of the Hummer he's backedthrough the front door. We won't een have to go down the steps to get the loot into the back. You stay frosty, man.

stay safe.

skidmark

TheMrMitch

imported post

I intend to get that sign, I like it.

I live in the woods. Neighbors think I'm nuts. They think I have my land mined...I don't, but door is wired to detonate if opened wrong. People think my whole cabin is wired. Good.:lol:

Sign says:

WARNING! Your picture was taken before you reached door which

is wired to detonate. Have a good day and goodby!

Door.jpg

jeremyabbott

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:

I live in the woods. Neighbors think I'm nuts. They think I have my land mined...I don't, but door is wired to detonate if opened wrong. People think my whole cabin is wired. Good.:lol:

Sign says:

Door.jpg
NICE!

RedKnightt

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:

Sign says:

You've checked your state regulations on the legality of booby traps, right? KRS 237.030, I think?

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

TheMrMitch

imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
You've checked your state regulations on the legality of booby traps, right? KRS 237.030, I think?

--RedKnightt--

Correct. Even had Sheriff look at it.

It is NOT a booby trap. *Booby traps are illegal.* This little deal is totally overt. NOT hidden.:cool:

He asked me "What if thethief can't read?" I told him tough,they shoulda stayed in school.

Added: It is indeed, in a Tannerite bottle. I wanted it to show (bright label). Not Tannerite, and did you notice the Mercury switch hanging? I wanted everything to show except the battery. VERY hard to disarm.....unless you know exactly what to do.

Sheriff knows what to do.:D

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Replace your, "House Protected By Smith And Wesson" window tag, and replace it with one that reads, "House Protected By Joe Horn."
I'll bet crime drops to virtually nil in your neighborhood for quite some time.