• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone use the Bianchi Carrylok?

GreenDrake

imported post

Just out of curiosity, I saw them at Cabelas and of course, they don't carry the model for my Springfield XD, looking at evaluating retention holsters. Thanks for any help, in advance.

tattedupboy

imported post

I'd say to go with the Serpa. Not only does it provide superior level II retention, but the way it causes you to draw, with the trigger finger on the frame, makes practice drawing with all other holsters a lot safer.

GreenDrake

imported post

Dang it, they are three weeks backordered...cancelled my order and have a new Blackhawk CQC on my hip right now. Sometimes the bird in hand is needed.

tarzan1888

imported post

GreenDrake wrote:
Just out of curiosity, I saw them at Cabelas and of course, they don't carry the model for my Springfield XD, looking at evaluating retention holsters. Thanks for any help, in advance.

I have one for my 1911 and I love it.

I bought it in Houston.

Cabela's carries different stock at different stores, you might have them run a check to see if another store has one.

I did that on a shoulder rig and got one at the Fort Worth Store.

If you want to get it online I can help there too.

Last Christmas, my wife was giving me a shoulder holster for my Taurus 617.

She had me do the ordering.

I found a good deal online and tried to order it......Long...short...not a good deal if they don't have them to ship.

Anyway I called Bianchi and talked to them to try and buy one direct....no go, but they did give me the name of their preferred online dealer and I got a great deal on the holster.

They set me up with ; http://www.copquest.com/14-1600.htm

For your holster it would be $53.96.

Tarzan