• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

June WAC gunshow

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Had a nice time this morning at the gunshow... Had one of my sons with me. I got to meet TriggerDR and take a pamphlet, which I later used to explain to a couple of guys, looking at stuff at a different table, about OC being legal. They didn't know that :shock:I gave them my pamphlet and told them to go over and see TriggerDr at his table and that I was sure he'd be more than happy to talk to them.

It wasso cool, when I first steppedup to TriggerDr's table, he was right in the middle of explaining OC and the laws to a patron

I also got to meet Krazichinaman who sold me a SERPA holster for my Kimber. ( Thanks Krazi, great deals at the gunshow on those SERPA's :D ).

Nice day at the gunshow. Although I'm glad I got out of there early... You know, before it got real hot... ;) I know it's air conditioned but...

Anyway,talk to you later.

luvmyglock

imported post

Spyder,
I also had a great time! The gun show rocked...I just wish I had more $ to spend. All I ended up picking up was 200 rds of 9mm. The prices on that were comparable to larry's anyways. Good show though.

Austin

civil_lib

imported post

Dang guys, we are going to have to start wearing OpenCarry.Org t-shirts. I would have liked to meet more of you! As it was, I got to meet TriggerDr. I was looking at the full color pamphlet on his table, and it sure looks a lot better than the black and whites I've been printing out. Very professional. I picked up a 1000 rounds of .40 for my XDM for practice. Better prices than up north.

I stopped at a Home Depot on the way home, and nobody made any comments, even though I'm sure they saw it in my Serpa. I walked right in front of the Customer Service desk with my strong side towards them. Maybe because I had a full cart they didn't want to lose any business. :p

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

civil_lib wrote:
Dang guys, we are going to have to start wearing OpenCarry.Org t-shirts.
I agree we need a definite style and color or carry around some old school bicycle flags on fiberglass whips (did I just date myself?). If anyone noticed I was the guy in red pushing the hulk of a man around in a wheelchair.

Trigger Dr

imported post

I must have talked to 14 -15 people who said they have been lurking on the site, but have not posted yet. Civ-lib, Spyder, M1 Gnr, thanks for stopping by and the kind words. I hope to see you at the Kitsap meet on the 13th of July.

I spoke with Randy Loun and he said he would be there if at all possible but he had a bunch of honey doos ( yeah he is married) that might keep him away. I told him this is attorney client relations and he needs to be there even if for only a 1/2 hour or so. He agrees. This man CAN and Will be of a help to us.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

+1 on the T-shirt Idea. That place gets so crowded, we were probably all passing each other up and didn't know it. I took off at around 11:00.

Couple of guys I work with who I've been talking to about this forum said they'd probably be heading to the show sometime this weekend. I told them to look out for the "Open Carry Is Legal" sign.

Have a great Sunday guys.

TriggerDr... so just how hot and stinky did it get in there yesterday afternoon? :lol: Good luck with that today brother. Way to stick it out...;)

Trigger Dr

imported post

Temperature stayed pretty consistent all day long. I had a real good day as far as sales went. passed out a bunch of pamphlets and met several prospective members for OCDO.

Sold '86 winchester 45/90 take down, s x s .410 shotgun, Colt 32-20 double action with an extra barrel, several loaded rounds and a set of dies, 45-70 Marlin Cowboy gun, 3 boxes 45 colt ammo.

Bought 45/70 Remington Rolling block Creedmore rifle, went home with $ in my pocket. :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Bear 45/70

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
I spoke with Randy Loun and he said he would be there if at all possible but he had a bunch of honey doos ( yeah he is married) that might keep him away. I told him this is attorney client relations and he needs to be there even if for only a 1/2 hour or so. He agrees. This man CAN and Will be of a help to us.
+1

krazichinaman

imported post

It was nice meeting you Spyder. Make sure to keep the pamphlet I gave you this time =p. I met trigger Dr a few shows back and hes an awesome guy! I just wish I had the time to walk around the show...but I was busy playing with all the sharp things :celebrate.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Today was a little different...Sold 30 m1 carbine with extras, Ruger Super Redhawk454, Bought Ruger 44/96 44 mag, 03A3 Springfield inprimo condition,

Met several more possible members, and Preston was there again. Good to see you my friend.

went home with more $ in pocket :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

jbone

imported post

Not to offend anyone. I went to a WAC show for my first time a few months back at the Evergreen Sate Fair Grounds and was very disappointed that I was not able to bring in a firearm in for possible trade/sale and could not carry; state CPL license meant squat! I though it weird a gun show not allowing guns unless you paid them yearly dues. Never encountered a gun show like that before. Are there any other show’s touring the area that are gun friendly?

They even said no cell phones allowed that have camera, who the hell even makes one now days with-out a camera? I wasn’t touring a top secret government facility!

Bear 45/70

imported post

jbone wrote:
Not to offend anyone. I went to a WAC show for my first time a few months back at the Evergreen Sate Fair Grounds and was very disappointed that I was not able to bring in a firearm in for possible trade/sale and could not carry; state CPL license meant squat! I though it weird a gun show not allowing guns unless you paid them yearly dues. Never encountered a gun show like that before. Are there any other show’s touring the area that are gun friendly?

They even said no cell phones allowed that have camera, who the hell even makes one now days with-out a camera? I wasn’t touring a top secret government facility!
NO!!!!!!!!!!

jbone

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
jbone wrote:

NO!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!! there are no other shows, or NO!!!! no guns unless i fork over the cash for dues?

Bear 45/70

imported post

All shows in this state disarm you, in violation of all theyclaim to support, your 2A rights. Therefore, I no longer attend gun shows or have memberships in organizations putting gun shows on.

jbone

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
All shows in this state disarm you, in violation of all theyclaim to support, your 2A rights. Therefore, I no longer attend gun shows or have memberships in organizations putting gun shows on.

I won't be attending any more of thier shows as well. I hate the way people these days put up the false fronts, violateyou and then ask for money.

Edited to Add:

How about the show below, any good?

Aug 23-24 Mt Vernon, [size=[color=#000000]Skagit County Fairgrounds ][/color][/size]Falconshows@aol.com or 360-856-6052

Bear 45/70

imported post

jbone wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

I won't be attending any more of thier shows as well. I hate the way people these days put up the false fronts, violateyou and then ask for money.

Edited to Add:

Aug 23-24 Mt Vernon, [size=[color=#000000]Skagit County Fairgrounds ][/color]Falconshows@aol.com or 360-856-6052

Falcon also requires unloaded and tied guns. However you don't have to be a member to carry the tied gun in and/or buy and sell guns. Better, but if their thinking was correct there would be more shootings at gun shows, gun ranges and gun stores than anywhere else. Of course this is a total falsehood that continues to be sold in support of the anti gunners.

jbone

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
jbone wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

Edited to Add:

Aug 23-24 Mt Vernon, [size=[color=#000000]Skagit County Fairgrounds ][/color]Falconshows@aol.com or 360-856-6052

Falcon also requires unloaded and tied guns. However you don't have to be a member to carry the tied gun in and/or buy and sell guns. Better, but if their thinking was correct there would be more shootings at gun shows, gun ranges and gun stores than anywhere else. Of course this is a total falsehood that continues to be sold in support of the anti gunners.
I want to attend shows to find the right Holster for my M&P9c,if these places make me zip tie how does one expect to spend money and buy one of the vendor's products. I'm sure every table has my weapon on display for holster fitting!!

Are the vendor's allowed to break the tie for fitting than retie?

Crazy world we live in today!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

The ties that are used will not keep you from fitting a holster. They are very thin and flimsy. When I racked the slide on my 1911 the tie broke.

jbone

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
The ties that are used will not keep you from fitting a holster. They are very thin and flimsy. When I racked the slide on my 1911 the tie broke.

I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes. Thanks.

Dave Workman

imported post

jbone wrote:
Not to offend anyone.  I went to a WAC show for my first time a few months back at the Evergreen Sate Fair Grounds and was very disappointed that I was not able to bring in a firearm in for possible trade/sale and could not carry; state CPL license meant squat! I though it weird a gun show not allowing guns unless you paid them yearly dues.  Never encountered a gun show like that before.  Are there any other show’s touring the area that are gun friendly?

WAC has rules. It's a members show, which means non-members cannot bring in firearms, and they don't allow cameras inside because anti-gunners can take photos, too and use the images to campaign against gun shows, which is high on their agenda.

Non-members cannot trade/sell firearms. period. You want to trade/sell, join the WAC.

All shows in this state disarm you, in violation of all they claim to support, your 2A rights. Therefore, I no longer attend gun shows or have memberships in organizations putting gun shows on.

You are not disarmed if you are a member, but no loaded guns are allowed inside as part of the contract with the fairgrounds management, and certainly as a safety issue.

Don't boor me with "well I ain't gonna have an accident" because that doesn't wash. Couple of years back a guy in Georgia whipped out his piece to "fit it to a holster" and in the process the gun discharged and this guy's kid took one in the chest and died on the spot.

There have been at least two NDs at Puyallup gun shows of which I am personally aware.

I get really tired of gun people who insist "that'll never happen to me!" who then exhibit some of the worst gun safety skills on the planet, bad enough to qualify them for the DEA VIDEO STAR OF THE YEAR award.

Anybody who believes that "rules don't apply to me" on someone else's turf, or even on their own turf, is foolish.

WAC has thousands of pro gun fanatics in its membership, but they understand the rules and agree to live with them.

I have had "I'm safe with my gun" arrogant twerps sweep me with the muzzles of their guns.