Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Local pizza robber killed

Post imported post

Post imported post

Good for him, let's just hope he has a clear conscience and support from his family and employer.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

One for the good guys!!

Post imported post

Dang beat me to it I was just get ready to post it. About time a good guy got one around here.

Post imported post

That mutt got the last surprise of his life. Hope this turns out as justified without any complications.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Splash one bogey
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Wow! That's, literally, right around the corner...maybe some of my neighbors(and wife) will take their heads out of the sand.

DocV

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Darwin's Theory of Evoluton - natural selection - continues.

Hope that this comes down as justified and that the employee is not penalized in anyway. Wouldn't it be nice if he were recognized for his efforts in protecting his fellow workers.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Darwin's Theory of Evoluton - natural selection - continues.

Hope that this comes down as justified and that the employee is not penalized in anyway. Wouldn't it be nice if he were recognized for his efforts in protecting his fellow workers.

Yata hey
    Good thing he doesn't work for Pizza Hut...
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

+1 for effective self-defense

+1 as well to the reporter for a "just the facts, ma'am" article with no editorializing.

edit: I sent an email to the reporter complimenting his facts only reporting.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    Guys and girls, you have to remember a human life was lost here. Of course it was better him than the pizza shop employees. But there still isn't that much of a celebration to be had concerning this shooting. I hope most of you can understand what I am trying to say.
    Is the glass 1/2 empty or 1/2 full. Just saw the interview with him on WAVY10. He had 5 employees in there so I look at it as 6 peoples lives were saved.

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    Guys and girls, you have to remember a human life was lost here. Of course it was better him than the pizza shop employees. But there still isn't that much of a celebration to be had concerning this shooting. I hope most of you can understand what I am trying to say.
    A life wasn't 'lost.' That sounds like a boating accident.

An armed criminal put the lives of 6 innocent people at risk, and he ended up dying because of HIS actions. The more times those that proactively create these situations and end up on the losing end, the fewer times it will happen.

Let's see wat his record was, then decide how remorseful we should all be.

Post imported post

"If you were meant to be shot you will never be hung". Destiny. This perp would have continued to push the envelope until he satisfied his death wish, either by a LEO, civilian or fellow inmate. No one wishes to take a life and it iscertainly no cause for celebration under any circumstances, but it is what it is.Two of my children, andmany other relatives and friends are or were LEO's and none of them havehad to take a life in order tosave theirs or someone elses.

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    I am sorry that I cannot get to worked up over the loss of this life. There are consequences to the actions we take. I believe that the robber knew what he was doing was illegal and wrong, hence the mask. The consequence was that he lost his life as he put 6 other lives at risk. Hopefully, this will serve as a wake up call to those who believe this can never happen to them as well as other criminals who attempt armed robberies and other violent crimes. I also hope that this serves as a reminder tothose of us who do carry for self defence of ourselves and others that sometime we may have to take the life of another to do so.

Post imported post

I don't think Sheriff is asking that anyone get "worked up" over the loss of life in this incident. I don't think Sheriff is suggesting that the situation should have ended any other way, or that the bad guy wasn't the cause of his own death.

I thinkSheriffs point is only that someone died, and that is nothing to celebrate. It is going to be hard on the bad guys(innocent) family (perhaps even more so, since it wasthe bad guysown fault). It will probably be hard on the "good guy" who shot him, too. I'd have done the exact same thing, and I probably would be distraight afterwards as well.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Personally, I want to promote that the good guys can fight back and prevail.

Unfortunately, not all bad guys survive being shot. That is the nature of lethal force.

If the story includesa bad guy that did not survive being shot, I'm going to roll with it anyway. Good guys prevailing is socially more important than whether the bad guy survived. If the good guys prevailed, I'm going to celebrate their not becoming victims. I'm going to celebrate their successful defense. Whether the bad guy survived is incidental.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

When I saw the WAVY10 interview he was pretty matter of fact saying that it was his job to protect his workers. Hell I think we should have a Tidewater Open Carry dining out there.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    It is understood fully. The decision that led to this unhappy event was neither of our making nor of the pizza shop employee. That responsibility lies soley with the armed intruder. I rejoice that the good guy prevailed.

We are not celebrating the loss of a life but rather the positive action that was occassioned by the employee. My prayers are with him for the strength to deal with the events after the fact and with the family/loved ones of the hapless perpetrator.
    Then again will I morn the loss - no.

Yata hey

PS - Why do you type in bold blue? It is hard on the eyes and it is not necessasy
    to make your postings stand out from the rest.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    The decision that led to this unhappy event was neither of our making nor of the pizza shop employee. That responsibility lies soley with the armed intruder. I rejoice that the good guy prevailed.

We are not celebrating the loss of a life but rather the positive action that was occassioned by the employee. My prayers are with him for the strength to deal with the events after the fact and with the family/loved ones of the hapless perpetrator.
    Then again will I morn the loss - no.

Yata hey
    +1 I agree totally.

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    Dang beat me to it I was just get ready to post it. About time a good guy got one around here.
    How did I beat you to the punch? I had just gotten home from a night game at the Nationals Stadium. When I say home I really mean to my bro in laws apt. in Arlington! My buddy had sent me a text about a 17yr old kid being killed because he jumped 2 fences to get back in to a park.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    I completely disagree. What was actually lost? A contributing member to society? A poet or artist that inspired others to greatness?

When you embrace evil and threaten innocent lifein the name of greed, you lose your humanity.Embrace evil and that's what you get. You play with the bull, you'll eventually get the horns as grandma used to say. He lived by the sword and died by the sword.

I respect your feelings, but I believe that general positionisactually causing more social harm in America than good, a social epidemic.I hope you can understand when I say that I actually feel more sorry for people that feel the way you do than for criminals like this. Dogs are dogs...act life a dog, die like a dog, but people have free will.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    Sheriff wrote:
    I completely disagree. When you embrace evil and threaten innocent lifein the name of greed, you lose your humanity.Embrace evil and that's what you get. You play with the bull, you'll eventually get the horns as grandma used to say.

I hope you can understand when I say that I actually feel more sorry for people that feel the way you do than for criminals like this.

(Cough, cough.)

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Which religious leader said believing on Him was the only requirement to experiencing God's grace?

I won't go so far as to say he's lost his humanity. Ifthey survive and pay their social dues, I'll give them another chance. And, I won't suffer them being treated inhumanely while serving their prison time.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    BobCav wrote:
    Sheriff wrote:
    I completely disagree. When you embrace evil and threaten innocent lifein the name of greed, you lose your humanity.Embrace evil and that's what you get. You play with the bull, you'll eventually get the horns as grandma used to say.

I hope you can understand when I say that I actually feel more sorry for people that feel the way you do than for criminals like this.

(Cough, cough.)

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Which religious leader said believing on Him was the only requirement to experiencing God's grace?

I won't go so far as to say he's lost his humanity. Ifthey survive and pay their social dues, I'll give them another chance. And, I won't suffer them being treated inhumanely while serving their prison time.

Not judging, merely reflecting since I am a sinner too. Why is is that no one believes in evil anymore? Never mind...rhetorical question.

EDITED TO ADD:Take my money and "things" because they ultimately belong to caesar. Those are crimesagainst man and are forgiveable by man and even reformable. Crimes that threaten life, are I believe, also against God.

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    Give me a break! That's what's wrong with our society, tomany feelings and not enough cock and balls. That dirtbaggot justice! I'd like to think I would sleep like a baby afterwards if it had been me.

Nothing like some good ol' justifiable homicide to weed out the evil doers.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

I don't think anyone is celebrating, however, if they are it is about 6 lives saved not one lost. I frankly cannot find it in myself to get anymore worked up about the armed robber being killed than I can about a rabid animal being put down. Regardless, my praise remains for effective self-defense, not for a death.

Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast