• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local pizza robber killed

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good for him, let's just hope he has a clear conscience and support from his family and employer.

DocV

imported post

Wow! That's, literally, right around the corner...maybe some of my neighbors(and wife;)) will take their heads out of the sand.

DocV

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Darwin's Theory of Evoluton - natural selection - continues.

Hope that this comes down as justified and that the employee is not penalized in anyway. Wouldn't it be nice if he were recognized for his efforts in protecting his fellow workers.

Yata hey

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Darwin's Theory of Evoluton - natural selection - continues.

Hope that this comes down as justified and that the employee is not penalized in anyway. Wouldn't it be nice if he were recognized for his efforts in protecting his fellow workers.

Yata hey
Good thing he doesn't work for Pizza Hut...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

+1 for effective self-defense

+1 as well to the reporter for a "just the facts, ma'am" article with no editorializing.

edit: I sent an email to the reporter complimenting his facts only reporting.

Sheriff

imported post

Guys and girls, you have to remember a human life was lost here. Of course it was better him than the pizza shop employees. But there still isn't that much of a celebration to be had concerning this shooting. I hope most of you can understand what I am trying to say.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
Guys and girls, you have to remember a human life was lost here. Of course it was better him than the pizza shop employees. But there still isn't that much of a celebration to be had concerning this shooting. I hope most of you can understand what I am trying to say.
Is the glass 1/2 empty or 1/2 full. Just saw the interview with him on WAVY10. He had 5 employees in there so I look at it as 6 peoples lives were saved.

Glock27Bill

imported post

Sheriff wrote:

A life wasn't 'lost.' That sounds like a boating accident.

An armed criminal put the lives of 6 innocent people at risk, and he ended up dying because of HIS actions. The more times those that proactively create these situations and end up on the losing end, the fewer times it will happen.

Let's see wat his record was, then decide how remorseful we should all be.

tripledipper

imported post

"If you were meant to be shot you will never be hung". Destiny. This perp would have continued to push the envelope until he satisfied his death wish, either by a LEO, civilian or fellow inmate. No one wishes to take a life and it iscertainly no cause for celebration under any circumstances, but it is what it is.Two of my children, andmany other relatives and friends are or were LEO's and none of them havehad to take a life in order tosave theirs or someone elses.

sccrref

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
I am sorry that I cannot get to worked up over the loss of this life. There are consequences to the actions we take. I believe that the robber knew what he was doing was illegal and wrong, hence the mask. The consequence was that he lost his life as he put 6 other lives at risk. Hopefully, this will serve as a wake up call to those who believe this can never happen to them as well as other criminals who attempt armed robberies and other violent crimes. I also hope that this serves as a reminder tothose of us who do carry for self defence of ourselves and others that sometime we may have to take the life of another to do so.

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I don't think Sheriff is asking that anyone get "worked up" over the loss of life in this incident. I don't think Sheriff is suggesting that the situation should have ended any other way, or that the bad guy wasn't the cause of his own death.

I thinkSheriffs point is only that someone died, and that is nothing to celebrate. It is going to be hard on the bad guys(innocent) family (perhaps even more so, since it wasthe bad guysown fault). It will probably be hard on the "good guy" who shot him, too. I'd have done the exact same thing, and I probably would be distraight afterwards as well.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Personally, I want to promote that the good guys can fight back and prevail.

Unfortunately, not all bad guys survive being shot. That is the nature of lethal force.

If the story includesa bad guy that did not survive being shot, I'm going to roll with it anyway. Good guys prevailing is socially more important than whether the bad guy survived. If the good guys prevailed, I'm going to celebrate their not becoming victims. I'm going to celebrate their successful defense. Whether the bad guy survived is incidental.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

When I saw the WAVY10 interview he was pretty matter of fact saying that it was his job to protect his workers. Hell I think we should have a Tidewater Open Carry dining out there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
It is understood fully. The decision that led to this unhappy event was neither of our making nor of the pizza shop employee. That responsibility lies soley with the armed intruder. I rejoice that the good guy prevailed.

We are not celebrating the loss of a life but rather the positive action that was occassioned by the employee. My prayers are with him for the strength to deal with the events after the fact and with the family/loved ones of the hapless perpetrator.
Then again will I morn the loss - no.

Yata hey

PS - Why do you type in bold blue? It is hard on the eyes and it is not necessasy
to make your postings stand out from the rest.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
The decision that led to this unhappy event was neither of our making nor of the pizza shop employee. That responsibility lies soley with the armed intruder. I rejoice that the good guy prevailed.

We are not celebrating the loss of a life but rather the positive action that was occassioned by the employee. My prayers are with him for the strength to deal with the events after the fact and with the family/loved ones of the hapless perpetrator.
Then again will I morn the loss - no.

Yata hey
+1 I agree totally.