• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local pizza robber killed

Chkultr

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
Dang beat me to it I was just get ready to post it. About time a good guy got one around here.
How did I beat you to the punch? I had just gotten home from a night game at the Nationals Stadium. When I say home I really mean to my bro in laws apt. in Arlington! My buddy had sent me a text about a 17yr old kid being killed because he jumped 2 fences to get back in to a park.

Sheriff

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
PS - Why do you type in bold blue? It is hard on the eyes and it is not necessasy to make your postings stand out from the rest.

Force of habit I suppose. I use blue font in just about every discussion forum I visit on the Internet. I felt it was a unique trademark of mine until I saw another guy here on OC also using blue font.

You're actually the first to ever question it in my 15 years online. :shock:

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
Guys and girls, you have to remember a human life was lost here. Of course it was better him than the pizza shop employees. But there still isn't that much of a celebration to be had concerning this shooting. I hope most of you can understand what I am trying to say.

I completely disagree. What was actually lost? A contributing member to society? A poet or artist that inspired others to greatness?

When you embrace evil and threaten innocent lifein the name of greed, you lose your humanity.Embrace evil and that's what you get. You play with the bull, you'll eventually get the horns as grandma used to say. He lived by the sword and died by the sword.

I respect your feelings, but I believe that general positionisactually causing more social harm in America than good, a social epidemic.I hope you can understand when I say that I actually feel more sorry for people that feel the way you do than for criminals like this. Dogs are dogs...act life a dog, die like a dog, but people have free will.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
Sheriff wrote:
Guys and girls, you have to remember a human life was lost here. Of course it was better him than the pizza shop employees. But there still isn't that much of a celebration to be had concerning this shooting. I hope most of you can understand what I am trying to say.
I completely disagree. When you embrace evil and threaten innocent lifein the name of greed, you lose your humanity.Embrace evil and that's what you get. You play with the bull, you'll eventually get the horns as grandma used to say.

I hope you can understand when I say that I actually feel more sorry for people that feel the way you do than for criminals like this.

(Cough, cough.)

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Which religious leader said believing on Him was the only requirement to experiencing God's grace?

I won't go so far as to say he's lost his humanity. Ifthey survive and pay their social dues, I'll give them another chance. And, I won't suffer them being treated inhumanely while serving their prison time.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Sheriff wrote:
I completely disagree. When you embrace evil and threaten innocent lifein the name of greed, you lose your humanity.Embrace evil and that's what you get. You play with the bull, you'll eventually get the horns as grandma used to say.

I hope you can understand when I say that I actually feel more sorry for people that feel the way you do than for criminals like this.

(Cough, cough.)

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Which religious leader said believing on Him was the only requirement to experiencing God's grace?

I won't go so far as to say he's lost his humanity. Ifthey survive and pay their social dues, I'll give them another chance. And, I won't suffer them being treated inhumanely while serving their prison time.

Not judging, merely reflecting since I am a sinner too. Why is is that no one believes in evil anymore? Never mind...rhetorical question.

EDITED TO ADD:Take my money and "things" because they ultimately belong to caesar. Those are crimesagainst man and are forgiveable by man and even reformable. Crimes that threaten life, are I believe, also against God.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sheriff wrote:

Give me a break! That's what's wrong with our society, tomany feelings and not enough cock and balls. That dirtbaggot justice! I'd like to think I would sleep like a baby afterwards if it had been me.

Nothing like some good ol' justifiable homicide to weed out the evil doers.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't think anyone is celebrating, however, if they are it is about 6 lives saved not one lost. I frankly cannot find it in myself to get anymore worked up about the armed robber being killed than I can about a rabid animal being put down. Regardless, my praise remains for effective self-defense, not for a death.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
SNIPWhy is is that no one believes in evil anymore?

SNIP Crimes that threaten life, are I believe, also against God.

Interesting conversation.

Lots of peopledo.Several of themhave posted in this thread.Its thePCgarbage that makes it seem more common than it probably is. There were a whole lot of angry Americans bynoon on 9/11/01.

Its a little hard to judge, too.Genuine compassion and PC can be a little difficult todistinguish.PC says to never judge.Anything goes.Improper to impose your morality on somebody else, etc.<Barf>.

Did notGod reserve to himself the right to judge those crimes?

I said interesting conversation because it prompted me to think of something. We need not judge one way or the other. I'm not saying we can't, just that we don't need to. All we have to do is agree that the defender was justified, and be happy he prevailed.

It is looking from the present back in time at the same point we each consider when thinking about having to use our gun in self-defense.We need to stop the bad guy from hurting us. We're not trying to kill him,just stop him. We don't shoot to kill; we shoot to stop. If he dies, its incidental to the fact that we stopped him. Same thing under discussion here. Except here, we are in the present looking back at an incident that already occurred.

scarletwahoo

imported post

Sheriff wrote:

It is a tragedy someone died, I understand what you are saying. I'm not 'celebrating' this, but I always support lethal force in order to prevent severe physical harm, murder, and rape.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
A life wasn't lost, it was forfeit... Big difference...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
Sheriff wrote:
+1 Big Difference !

Yata hey

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
Sheriff wrote:
+2

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
BobCav wrote:
SNIPWhy is is that no one believes in evil anymore?

SNIP Crimes that threaten life, are I believe, also against God.

Interesting conversation.

Lots of peopledo.Several of themhave posted in this thread.Its thePCgarbage that makes it seem more common than it probably is. There were a whole lot of angry Americans bynoon on 9/11/01.

Its a little hard to judge, too.Genuine compassion and PC can be a little difficult todistinguish.PC says to never judge.Anything goes.Improper to impose your morality on somebody else, etc.<Barf>.

Did notGod reserve to himself the right to judge those crimes?

I said interesting conversation because it prompted me to think of something. We need not judge one way or the other. I'm not saying we can't, just that we don't need to. All we have to do is agree that the defender was justified, and be happy he prevailed.

It is looking from the present back in time at the same point we each consider when thinking about having to use our gun in self-defense.We need to stop the bad guy from hurting us. We're not trying to kill him,just stop him. We don't shoot to kill; we shoot to stop. If he dies, its incidental to the fact that we stopped him. Same thing under discussion here. Except here, we are in the present looking back at an incident that already occurred.

The conversation also got me thinkinghow much Americans as a whole, while trying to find the good in everything, largely forget that there is a true and very real evil out there thatsometimesfinds a place in a human heart. Tragically, as you said 9-11 was a huge wake-up call that there is a real and horrible evil in this very world.

If I refuse to hang out with anyonebecause of my opinion of them, is that "judging" them? No, just my personal preference based on my social, political and religious beliefs - my personal values. Modern society and "PC-ness" has turned it around so that a man is not allowed to express an opinion without it being negatively called "judging". I have no power to pass judgement, as you said that is for God alone. I do have my opinions of right and wrong and expressing them is not "judging" anyone as my opinion and wordshave no consequence.

While trying to live agood andpeaceful life, we as gun carriers are also acutely aware of the evil, bad or just plain stupid that would harm us or our loved ones and weprepare accordingly. I completely agree; don't shoot to kill, but stop the crime. But if that's what it takes, then so be it. We didn't start it.

The criminal played the game and lost. My sympathiesgo the family of the victim and to Mr. Abbondante. He didn't wake up that day hoping or thinking he would take a life, even ofa bad guy. But he was prepared like we all strive to be.I sincerely hope he finds solace in the fact that he saved lives that day.

jack

Banned
imported post

I think Sheriff's point is that it's bad to have a bunch of folksthat are sometimesreferred to as crazed gun nuts, appear to becelebrating the death of what liberals will call a disadvantaged person that WE as a society failed.

We failed to help him take advantage of all the Federally funded educational opportunities.

We failed to lift him out of poverty !

We failed to reach out and touch him with compassion and understanding.

We created the problem, it's all our collective fault.

Now don't you all feel bad about how WEfailed this creep ? He was just a disadvantaged thug & potential cold blooded killer, trying to make it in a cold cruel world.

P.S. Nice shooting Pizza man :celebrate

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jack wrote:
I think Sheriff's point is that it's bad to have a bunch of folksthat are sometimesreferred to as crazed gun nuts, appear to becelebrating the death of what liberals will call a disadvantaged person that WE as a society failed.

We failed to help him take advantage of all the Federally funded educational opportunities.

We failed to lift him out of poverty !

We failed to reach out and touch him with compassion and understanding.

We created the problem, it's all our collective fault.

Now don't you all feel bad about how WEfailed this creep ? He was just a disadvantaged thug & potential cold blooded killer, trying to make it in a cold cruel world.

P.S. Nice shooting Pizza man :celebrate

I did fail to do each and every one of the things listed above, for which I take full responsibility for my share of the failure of society.

I also failed to get out of my comfortable chair here in Richmond and drive down to Virginia Beach and kick that little scrote of a thief's backside around the block a few times during his formative years. I guess I failed to do that because I was thinking his parents, extended family and neighbors would be taking care of the chore of reinforcing the idea that there are negative, and often painful, consequences when you violate the rules - family rules, society's rules, or God's rules -- take your pick.

Nobody (that I've heard about so far) was holding a gun to this guy's head and threatening to kill him if he did not rob the pizza place. And most folks don't just get up from their afternoon nap and decide to go rob a pizza place, unless they have some history of getting up from naps and doing other illegal activity.

I guess what we need is for the General Assembly to pass a law prohibitting the police from arresting us, and the Commonweath Attorneys from prosecuting us, for what up until now has been referred to as vigilante behavior. That way, I can safely rectify my failures with the other criminal types who are still alive, without fearing I will become a criminal too.

Yup! We need a law that says when Mom, Dad, Grandma & Grandpa, and the immediate neighbors fail to correct their young children's behavior so they learn not to grow up to be criminals who think they can get away with everything, I can go grab him up by the stacking swivel and pop him on the backside to reinforce the lecture about what he just did was "Wrong, wrong, wrong!". Then, because I made sure while he was a child that he knew right from wrong and that doing wrong gets punished, he might grow up not doing wrong.

Since I've got hardcore Democrats as both Delegate and Senator, getting them to sponsor a community responsibility bill should be a cinch. :lol:

stay safe.

skidmark

tripledipper

imported post

This is a little off topic but by noon on 9/11 I only wanted to know if my two first respondersons and other closerelatives and friendswere still alive. It gets real personal when its that close.Seeing what they sawchanged their lives forever.I am still amazed that people whodid not live in theNYC orNOVA and DC Metro areas have mostly erasedthis eventfrom their minds and want "change". That was "the change" thatshould make us allmore aware of our surroundings and be willing to take the necessary action to stop bad things from happening if we can." Sheeple" onlybecome willingvictims.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Chkultr wrote:
GLENGLOCKER wrote:
Dang beat me to it I was just get ready to post it. About time a good guy got one around here.
How did I beat you to the punch? I had just gotten home from a night game at the Nationals Stadium. When I say home I really mean to my bro in laws apt. in Arlington! My buddy had sent me a text about a 17yr old kid being killed because he jumped 2 fences to get back in to a park.
Just a joke. How was that Nats game? I worked nights all weekend and didn't get to see the Mets and Yankees.

Sheriff

imported post

jack wrote:
Bingo! We have a winner. Thanks, Jack.

As Mike said recently, we don't want this celebration on the front page of the Washington Post.

DonTreadOnMe

imported post

Sheriff wrote
As Mike said recently, we don't want this celebration on the front page ...

I dont see anything wrong with showing support for Ferdinando. He was forced into a bad situation....but because he had the means to defend and the will to do so, he and others lived...something that we cant say forsure would have happen if he was without his right to bear arms.

I dont think that we should be afraid to show cheer over Ferdinando actions. We should just be clear about what aspect of his actions we have pride and respect for.

As for the thief, I neather feel bad or good for what happen to him. He made his bed as my mother would have said.....Ferdinando just made him slep in it rather than a victim.