Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another OC get together?

Post imported post

It's been a little while since we last met up. Last time it was Golden Corral buffet, but someone mentioned we should do a shooting range meet. There's a few months left of summer folks, lets get to it!

Post imported post

spyderdude wrote:
    It's been a little while since we last met up. Last time it was Golden Corral buffet, but someone mentioned we should do a shooting range meet. There's a few months left of summer folks, lets get to it!
    Starting a new job in 10 days. Once I get my schedule down, I will be game for a meet or shooting event.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

I'm new here at this forum... but an active member of ANPRACS... I'll meet at the buffet or the RCSR. Name the time and date. Would be nice to meet you guys.

Post imported post

I know it's going to be difficult to plan another OC meet where we can get everyone together. I know I normally work twice a week, so my schedule is pretty much open until August (Going to get a 2nd job). Anyway, no rush folks.

Post imported post

I'm a teacher... I have the summer off... Not working an extra job this year. Any time and place.

Post imported post

My schedule is pretty open until the 3rd week of July or so, when the fish start to run again.

I'm headin' out this week to shoot something, haven't been out in near a month

Jon

Post imported post

Reno82 wrote:
    I'm new here at this forum... but an active member of ANPRACS... I'll meet at the buffet or the RCSR. Name the time and date. Would be nice to meet you guys.
    Hello, I know you from the XDTalk forums. New here too. Still waiting for my slide to get back from Springfield.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I am also on xdtalk, but I have been quiet there for a while just read threw and observe.

user name is the same.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Reno82 wrote:

To bad the range is closed for the exhaust system upgrade. cant wait for it to come back online. In the mean time I am stocking up on ammo and lead to do some reloading. I used to go allot but have missed the last several matches.

Post imported post

Anyone interested in getting together for a shoot out at Birchwood here in a couple weeks once the second run of reds slows down? Hopefully this rain will have stopped by then!

Jon

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'm game, only time I have been out there was when they were building up one of the shotgun ranges and had lots of dumptrucks runing in there. had to fix a few flats.

Post imported post

I'm down for it too, preferably on a Sunday afternoon.

Post imported post

I went to Birchwood for the first time on Friday. That's a pretty nice place! I took my XD9 Subcompact and my new Marlin 39A. If we meet up I'd like someone who is a decent pistol shot to try my gun out. I was hitting in the same general area, but not quite where I was aiming. It was my first time really shooting a pistol. I was a decent shot with the .22LR but need some more practice for sure! I shot about 250 rds of 9mm and 200 of .22LR. I can't wait to go again!

Post imported post

Wow, you guys get together at Golden Corral too? I thought that was just a Utah thing.:P

Post imported post

A buddy of mine showed me a place in Houston where people go to shoot for free. It's basically an open field with some hills which make really good backstops. If we meet up, I can show you guys if you're up to it.

Post imported post

I was talking to my buddy and a couple guys he knows. We're thinking about doing a BBQ/Shoot kinda thing in Houston. I will update you guys as to when it's going to happen. It would be awesome to get like 10-15 people together and have a picnic and blast away at various targets.

I am personally sick of shooting at paper, and paying to do so. It is a good 60 miles one way, but well worth the drive on a nice day.

Post imported post

Is anyone else alive, or am I just going to be talking to myself?

Post imported post

we're here. It's just you seem to be keeping the topic afloat all by yourself:P

Honestly, I would LOVE to geta chance to have a fun-shoot at something other than paper, esp. in a non-range environment

Jon

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'd try my best to make it to a BBQ shoot.

Post imported post

Me too, it would be a load of fun, but it's just finding a time that would be good for everybody that is difficult. Just commit toa time frame and it will get people to make a decision one way or the other. I have been pretty busy this summer and haven't been checking the forum as much the last couple of months so this is the first time I read about your idea.

Is anyone able to do these types of things during the week and not just on weekends?
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I would only be able to make it on a weekend. I never know what I am doing during the week untill I have done it.

Post imported post

I'd be able to make it work most anytime. My work schedule at present is pretty flexible.

Once school starts Wed. will most certainly be a no-go and Mon. will be closed unless we're talkin' evening time....

Jon

Post imported post

Well since everyones schedules seem to conflict with one another, how about we just have another OC dinner? I think by the time we get everyone together to go shooting in Houston, it will be too cold!

How about we all go down to a gun store on September 13th, and buy a gun with our PFDs!

Post imported post

Going to be getting an AR with the PFD money. I was talking to a couple places around town, and the model I want is 3-4 months backordered.

Hopefully we'll all be able to go get some the 13th though. Looking foward to getting me a new gun though

Hopefully will also be in the Market for a .45 here before Christmas also

Spyderdue- What were you looking to pick up??

Jon

Post imported post

Maybe an AR-15 or XD45 ACP.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast