• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another OC get together?

spyderdude

imported post

It's been a little while since we last met up. Last time it was Golden Corral buffet, but someone mentioned we should do a shooting range meet. There's a few months left of summer folks, lets get to it!

Flintlock

imported post

spyderdude wrote:
It's been a little while since we last met up. Last time it was Golden Corral buffet, but someone mentioned we should do a shooting range meet. There's a few months left of summer folks, lets get to it!
Starting a new job in 10 days. Once I get my schedule down, I will be game for a meet or shooting event.

Reno82

imported post

I'm new here at this forum... but an active member of ANPRACS... I'll meet at the buffet or the RCSR. Name the time and date. Would be nice to meet you guys.

spyderdude

imported post

I know it's going to be difficult to plan another OC meet where we can get everyone together. I know I normally work twice a week, so my schedule is pretty much open until August (Going to get a 2nd job). Anyway, no rush folks.

akhunter3

imported post

My schedule is pretty open until the 3rd week of July or so, when the fish start to run again.

I'm headin' out this week to shoot something, haven't been out in near a month:(

Jon

daveit

imported post

Reno82 wrote:
I'm new here at this forum... but an active member of ANPRACS... I'll meet at the buffet or the RCSR. Name the time and date. Would be nice to meet you guys.
Hello, I know you from the XDTalk forums. New here too. Still waiting for my slide to get back from Springfield.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

Reno82 wrote:

To bad the range is closed for the exhaust system upgrade. cant wait for it to come back online. In the mean time I am stocking up on ammo and lead to do some reloading. I used to go allot but have missed the last several matches.

akhunter3

imported post

Anyone interested in getting together for a shoot out at Birchwood here in a couple weeks once the second run of reds slows down? Hopefully this rain will have stopped by then!:cuss:

Jon

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

I'm game, only time I have been out there was when they were building up one of the shotgun ranges and had lots of dumptrucks runing in there. had to fix a few flats.

daveit

imported post

I went to Birchwood for the first time on Friday. That's a pretty nice place! I took my XD9 Subcompact and my new Marlin 39A. If we meet up I'd like someone who is a decent pistol shot to try my gun out. I was hitting in the same general area, but not quite where I was aiming. It was my first time really shooting a pistol. I was a decent shot with the .22LR but need some more practice for sure! I shot about 250 rds of 9mm and 200 of .22LR. I can't wait to go again!

spyderdude

imported post

A buddy of mine showed me a place in Houston where people go to shoot for free. It's basically an open field with some hills which make really good backstops. If we meet up, I can show you guys if you're up to it.

spyderdude

imported post

I was talking to my buddy and a couple guys he knows. We're thinking about doing a BBQ/Shoot kinda thing in Houston. I will update you guys as to when it's going to happen. It would be awesome to get like 10-15 people together and have a picnic and blast away at various targets.

I am personally sick of shooting at paper, and paying to do so. It is a good 60 miles one way, but well worth the drive on a nice day.

akhunter3

imported post

we're here. It's just you seem to be keeping the topic afloat all by yourself:p

Honestly, I would LOVE to geta chance to have a fun-shoot at something other than paper, esp. in a non-range environment:D

Jon

Flintlock

imported post

Me too, it would be a load of fun, but it's just finding a time that would be good for everybody that is difficult. Just commit toa time frame and it will get people to make a decision one way or the other. I have been pretty busy this summer and haven't been checking the forum as much the last couple of months so this is the first time I read about your idea.

Is anyone able to do these types of things during the week and not just on weekends?