• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another OC get together?

akhunter3

imported post

I'd be able to make it work most anytime. My work schedule at present is pretty flexible.

Once school starts Wed. will most certainly be a no-go and Mon. will be closed unless we're talkin' evening time....

Jon

spyderdude

imported post

Well since everyones schedules seem to conflict with one another, how about we just have another OC dinner? I think by the time we get everyone together to go shooting in Houston, it will be too cold!

How about we all go down to a gun store on September 13th, and buy a gun with our PFDs! :lol:

akhunter3

imported post

Going to be getting an AR with the PFD money. I was talking to a couple places around town, and the model I want is 3-4 months backordered.

Hopefully we'll all be able to go get some the 13th though. Looking foward to getting me a new gun though:D

Hopefully will also be in the Market for a .45 here before Christmas also:D

Spyderdue- What were you looking to pick up??

Jon

akhunter3

imported post

AR wouldn't be a bad idea. I have feelers out at several shops for an RRA Entry Tactical.

I was at Northern Security today, and they have severalS&W AR's for right at$1K.

They also had the XD's in .45, though they cost about $550. Anyone fired one of the new S&W .45's? Was looking at them today and they look like they would shoot nice.

Jon

spyderdude

imported post

I ended up putting one of the S&W M&P AR-15s on layaway at Great Northern Guns. It feels like a solidly build rifle, and has all the features I want. That is where my energy rebate will be going, now I will get to use energy throwing .223 lead down range.

GNG has a bunch of them in stock, so if you want one, get it while you can!

akhunter3

imported post

Sounds good to me. Should be able to make it work:DJust let me know what time.

p.s.-If anyone wants to get rid of an old 12 ga. pump I'm lookin' for a cheepy beater for grouse/rabbits this fall.

Jon

spyderdude

imported post

I wish you had told me sooner. I had a broken Remington 870 for sale, but sold it to a friend. You can get a Mossberg Maverick 88 for under 200 these days.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

I will never go back to WWG, was totally treated like @#$% when I went in there last time and I had my check book in my hand.

spyderdude wrote:
Great Northern Guns has the S&W AR for 995, not too much cheaper than Northern Security though. They halso have the XD45 for 499!

Edited, misspoke meant to say wild west guns.

spyderdude

imported post

Sorry to hear your bad experience with them. The only guy I have a real issue there with is Yog, the fat guy that wears the same damn shirt everyday. I wanted to look at a Ruger wheelgun, but he tried to convince me to get a Smith & Wesson. I don't like dealing with employees that try to sell me something I have no interest in. All the other guys there though seem nice.

spyderdude

imported post

Oh yeah, I agree with you about Wild West Guns. I went there to hopefully have some custom work done on a Springfield 1911 I had (just a beaver tail and commander style hammer). The guy behind the counter threw his nose up at my Springfield, and tried to convince me to buy a more expensive Colt. I told him I did not have the money for a new gun, and just wanted the work done on my Springfield. He reluctantly gave me a price quote for the work, and told me it would take 2-3 months, because they were behind on other custom jobs.

I will never go back to Wild West Guns.

So who's up for Dennys on Debarr @ 6PM on the 14th?

spyderdude

imported post

Well it doesn't look like its going to be a good turnout, so lets hold off. It seems like I'm the meet organizer here LOL! Lets shoot for sometime next month, and someone else can set it up, because I chose Golden Corral last time. Come on guys... hook it up! :lol: