• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC City Council holds public roundtable on Heller's impact

markand

imported post

Councilmember Phil Mendelson, Chairman of the DC City Council Committee on Public Safety and the Judiciary is holding a public roundtable on the impact of the Heller ruling on the District.

The hearing is scheduled for:
Wednesday, July 2 2008,12:00 p.m.
Room 412, John A. Wilson Building.

Those who wish to testify should contact Mr. Victor Bonett, Legislative Analyst, at (202) 724-4865, by fax at (202) 724-6664, or via e-mail at: vbonett@dccouncil.us, and provide their name, address, telephone number, organizational affiliation and title (if any) by close of business Monday, June 30,2008.

From DC Council website: http://dccouncil.us/calen103.htm
=========================================
This is a great opportunity for gun rights activists, whether DC residents or not, to make a public statement in regard to gun policy in DC.

NOTE: Please see corrected e-mail link for Mr. Victor Bonett, above.

HerbM

imported post

Has this been posted in VA (especially northern), Maryland, and other nearby state forums?

They might be able to stack the numbers a bit. And it will definitely affect them if they travel to DC.

markand

imported post

I've already passed this on to VCDL. If anyone wants to pass it on to other gun rights activists/organizations, too, that's fine.

Just be sure you use the updated version with the correct e-mail address for Victor Bonett of Councilmember Mendelson's staff. Again, that's: vbonett@dccouncil.us

I went back put that in bold just to be sure it's clear.

Also note that when you testify before the DC City Council, those who are OFFICIALLY testifying on behalf of an organization usually get 5 minutes to present their testimony. Those who testify as private citizens usually get 3 minutes to testify. There are times when the witness list has been very long, however, and everyone's time has been shortened.