Thread: OC at the Grand Canyon?

Post imported post

This question is a little early, but it's what I'm thinking about right now:

My wife and I are planning a trip to Phoenix for the NRA convention next May.
    We've been to AZ a couple times, but never to the Grand Canyon, so we figured while we're down there we'd take 3 days and go up.

I'm thinking most of the area is federal land being a national park and all. So where can I and can't I open carry while there?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

You would need to speak to someone @ Arizona Dept. of public safety on that one.

http://www.azdps.gov/

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Williams, Flagstaff, etc are fine. Anywhere in the canyon itself will be a no-go due the the federal regulations on carry in National Parks.

There are some areas that are very remote. I would not be caught there unarmed. Just my $0.02.

Post imported post

We just got back from there a week or so ago.

OC'd in Williams and at the KOA campground we stayed at. Kept it stashed in the truck at the park.

NO issues.

Post imported post

bobernet wrote:
    Williams, Flagstaff, etc are fine. Anywhere in the canyon itself will be a no-go due the the federal regulations on carry in National Parks.

There are some areas that are very remote. I would not be caught there unarmed. Just my $0.02.
    Me neither... Wilderness areas are just that. It ain't Disneyland.

Post imported post

pkbites wrote:
    This question is a little early, but it's what I'm thinking about right now:

My wife and I are planning a trip to Phoenix for the NRA convention next May.
    We've been to AZ a couple times, but never to the Grand Canyon, so we figured while we're down there we'd take 3 days and go up.

I'm thinking most of the area is federal land being a national park and all. So where can I and can't I open carry while there?
    I know this is an old thread, but the Grand Canyon is a National Park, and firearms are a strict No-No. Federal Law applies, not state law.

Lon

Post imported post

hey bites.... keep in mind that 2 legged coyotes also roam the grand canyon.

i have also read cases of car jackings,robberies, agg assault and such.

also.. see you at the NRA convention.....

we, open carriers need to make a strong presence there...