• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at the Grand Canyon?

pkbites

imported post

This question is a little early, but it's what I'm thinking about right now:

My wife and I are planning a trip to Phoenix for the NRA convention next May.
We've been to AZ a couple times, but never to the Grand Canyon, so we figured while we're down there we'd take 3 days and go up.

I'm thinking most of the area is federal land being a national park and all. So where can I and can't I open carry while there?

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Williams, Flagstaff, etc are fine. Anywhere in the canyon itself will be a no-go due the the federal regulations on carry in National Parks.

There are some areas that are very remote. I would not be caught there unarmed. Just my $0.02.

Erus

imported post

We just got back from there a week or so ago.

OC'd in Williams and at the KOA campground we stayed at. Kept it stashed in the truck at the park.

NO issues.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

bobernet wrote:
Williams, Flagstaff, etc are fine. Anywhere in the canyon itself will be a no-go due the the federal regulations on carry in National Parks.

There are some areas that are very remote. I would not be caught there unarmed. Just my $0.02.
Me neither... Wilderness areas are just that. It ain't Disneyland.

Teufelhunde

imported post

pkbites wrote:
This question is a little early, but it's what I'm thinking about right now:

My wife and I are planning a trip to Phoenix for the NRA convention next May.
We've been to AZ a couple times, but never to the Grand Canyon, so we figured while we're down there we'd take 3 days and go up.

I'm thinking most of the area is federal land being a national park and all. So where can I and can't I open carry while there?

I know this is an old thread, but the Grand Canyon is a National Park, and firearms are a strict No-No. Federal Law applies, not state law.

Lon

Hiredgun30

imported post

hey bites.... keep in mind that 2 legged coyotes also roam the grand canyon.

i have also read cases of car jackings,robberies, agg assault and such.

also.. see you at the NRA convention.....

we, open carriers need to make a strong presence there...