• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Business Prohibited Items

xRapidDavex

imported post

Businesses make it really hard to find out what you can/cannot bring into their establishment. I'm going to Cinemark in Jordan Landing today, but cannot find policies about restricted items at their theaters in general. Their policies are surrounding ticket sales, privacy statements, etc, etc.

I normally would not worry, but since Cadet Higham was asked to leave the Ritz 15 in WVC, it makes me a little nervous.

Does anyone have tricks about finding info like that on a website (being restricted items at a theater)??

xmirage2kx

imported post

Don't worry about it.At any given point someone has been asked to leave XXXX establishment. Sometimes it is for guns, other timesthey just don't like you. Know your legal and don't worry about it.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

You are not expected to research their entire code of conduct. If they don't want you to carry a firearm in their establishment, they will have a sign posted before you enter. The dollar theater in Provo (Movies 8?) has a no weapons sign on each of the ticket windows. I ignore the sign, and have open carried there without incident.

xRapidDavex

imported post

Ya. The only reason I wanted to know was so I could call their bluff if they said it was policy.... show that I had done my research etc, etc.

GeneticsDave

imported post

The other thing is that I would rather buy movie tickets at a theater that won't mind my gun or kick me out, especially if I am with family or friends. If I could find a policy, I would use that information to determine where to spend my money.

xmirage2kx

imported post

I generally avoid spending mony at places that are Anti-gun, but sometimes it is unavoidable. I usually just use sites like this to help me.

xRapidDavex

imported post

The Incredible Hulk. It was really good. No cheezy moments like iron man and some of the other comic book movies. More on par with Batman Begins and Superman Returns.