• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Tacoma Washington

db55_10

imported post

Im new to the forum and sorry if this is an annoying thread. I just want to be a law abiding citizen that would like to exercise my rights!! I live in Tacoma Wahsington and would like to OC. I know it is legal to OC but im worried about being harrased by the cops. If stopped by the cops what exactly shouldI do and say???

Also I was reading some of the RCW's and am under the impression that it is a misdeamener ifI OC in Tacoma and somebody actually calls and reports me even ifI was doing nothing. Im pretty dang sure that cant be true but i'm no legal eagle.

Also what EXACTLY are the laws on carrying in Tacoma on a college campus or school grounds, open or concealed?? I'm going back to school and my wife is a high school teacher so either way im near a school almost every day.

Thanks for the help!!

rmodel65

imported post

db55_10 wrote:
Im new to the forum and sorry if this is an annoying thread. I just want to be a law abiding citizen that would like to exercise my rights!! I live in Tacoma Wahsington and would like to OC. I know it is legal to OC but im worried about being harrased by the cops. If stopped by the cops what exactly shouldI do and say???

Also I was reading some of the RCW's and am under the impression that it is a misdeamener ifI OC in Tacoma and somebody actually calls and reports me even ifI was doing nothing. Im pretty dang sure that cant be true but i'm no legal eagle.

Also what EXACTLY are the laws on carrying in Tacoma on a college campus or school grounds, open or concealed?? I'm going back to school and my wife is a high school teacher so either way im near a school almost every day.

Thanks for the help!!

you ask am i free to go. if they say no keep your mouth shut and say nothing. if they say yes walk away

compmanio365

imported post

Welcome to the forum!

You might get a better response coming on down to the Washington forum and asking the same question there.....there is a great pamphlet you can print and carry with you if you are asked by other people or stopped for OC by the police; it explains all the laws in Washington about the legality of OC and refers people to this site if they have more questions.

I live in east Tacoma, actually between Tacoma and Puyallup, and I OC in Tacoma all the time without incident. After some of us in Tacoma had issues, we took TPD to task, and they have been well educated on the legality of OC. We haven't had an issue with TPD since, as far as I know. Still, it is easier to OC for some, especially when you first start, to do so with someone else that has been OCing for a while. You might consider meeting up with someone else here in Tacoma that OCs to have "backup" for a while, until you get comfortable. I wouldn't have a problem helping you get your "OC legs"......

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

You might get a better response coming on down to the Washington forum and asking the same question there.....there is a great pamphlet you can print and carry with you if you are asked by other people or stopped for OC by the police; it explains all the laws in Washington about the legality of OC and refers people to this site if they have more questions.

I live in east Tacoma, actually between Tacoma and Puyallup, and I OC in Tacoma all the time without incident. After some of us in Tacoma had issues, we took TPD to task, and they have been well educated on the legality of OC. We haven't had an issue with TPD since, as far as I know. Still, it is easier to OC for some, especially when you first start, to do so with someone else that has been OCing for a while. You might consider meeting up with someone else here in Tacoma that OCs to have "backup" for a while, until you get comfortable. I wouldn't have a problem helping you get your "OC legs"......
OC In Tacoma mall, i thought that was a no go... humm guess i will have to give her a try

compmanio365

imported post

I didn't say anything about the Tacoma Mall.......did I? :?

I don't OC into the Tacoma Mall.........I don't go there except 2 times a year to get my wedding ring in for it's refurbishment and inspection, then I CC......

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
I didn't say anything about the Tacoma Mall.......did I? :?

I don't OC into the Tacoma Mall.........I don't go there except 2 times a year to get my wedding ring in for it's refurbishment and inspection, then I CC......
HA HA my bad you said Tacoma all. sutip me

db55_10

imported post

Thanks guys! I CC all the time but since OC is allowed why go through all the trouble ifI dont need to! Ill be printing that pamphlet just in case!