• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bunkers Cafe in Leesburg, VA

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

I left my house with a couple of friends heading toward Leesburg to my FFL's place with two friends so that they could pic up their new firearms. After that we went to Giovanni's (gun friendly place.. see http://www.loudountimes.com/news/2008/may/20/gun-owners-show-their-rights-leesburg/).

After an uneventful dinner, we walked towards Milwalkee Frozen Custard and we passed KOBE's (another place we eat at gun friendly) and then "Bunker Sports Cafe". My 10 year old daughter is friends with one of the waitresses at BUNKER sports cafe. As we were walking by asked if we could go in and see her. I said sure.. we walked in toward the door. Big guys in black T shirts said Brooke could not go in as it was after 8PM and it was also $10 cover for the "event". I asked what event and apperently HOT 99.5 was coming tonight.. OOhhhHHHhhOooOoooOo.. Hot 99.5!!!! ANyway.. I asked could I just walk in and have the waitress come out? They said sure.. I went in and told our friend that we were waiting outside. She said she would try to come out.I went back outside and waited at the front door. The men in black T-shirts were still at the door and I noticed them wanding incoming patrons. I asked.. what's up with the wanding? They said.. on evenings they wand people to make sure they are not carrying knives or chains or anything (this is the guy that let me in moments ago). My strong side was already facing him and I said "so I was ok?" and he re-looked me over and said "Oh god.. I did not even see that!". No.. I could not let you in LIKE THAT! He had more custmers come in so I backed away to watch. You would have thought you were at the airport. Then.. to my surprise.. one of the 3 gents that walked up tp come in was turned away because he was wearing a plain black T shirt. I guess that is internal code for the rest of the restaurant for STAFF so you can't wear a plain black T-shirt in there. I have gone in there before with no problem and/or nobody noticing.

Ed

nova

imported post

"Those big ol' New York bouncers who thinks bouncing's a cool job. They just talk about bouncing. They get together with other bouncers and talk about bouncing."

--Ron White

bayboy42

imported post

nova wrote:
"Those big ol' New York bouncers who thinks bouncing's a cool job. They just talk about bouncing. They get together with other bouncers and talk about bouncing."

--Ron White
Mr. WHite would be horrified by how lame that quote sounds without the funny part :lol::what:.