• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has anyone ever had to draw their weapon?

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

Just curious if anyone here has ever been forced into a self defense situation that required them to draw their weapon? Or, has anyone been treatened to the point that they thought they may have to draw?

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ItsMyRight2Carry wrote:
Just curious if anyone here has ever been forced into a self defense situation that required them to draw their weapon? Or, has anyone been treatened to the point that they thought they may have to draw?

I drew my weapon once....

but it didn't look anything like it.

Other than that, thankfully no.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

I did several times when I was on the job, but havent had the need to so far in civilian life.

My buddy had a need though. He was in a road rage type situation with 2 guys in a truck. My buddy parked his car in a restaurant parking lot to pick up some food and the truck pulled over and a guy got out shouting obscentities. The guyhad a baseball bat in his hands and was approaching my friend. When he saw the glint of a semi auto pointed at him, he dropped the bat and ran.

southernbnb

imported post

lol aww come on citizen! that was at least a little amusing!

Ipersonally have never had to draw my weapon. HoweverI did place my handon it early one morning (3:30AM) whenI was meeting some co workers for breakfast at a local waffle house.I was sitting in the parking lot waiting for them to arrive when a "questionable" looking womanapproached my car. Due to my car having no acI had both windows down soI immediately went on guard and placed my hand on top of my pistol that was sitting in the passenger seat. She walked up to the drivers window of my car and asked ifI was a cop.I told her no and then she asked me if she could sit in my car to rest her feet!!:shock:I said no again and she stood there for a second before finally walking away. I still ask my self whatI would have done if the situation had escalated. AndI still don't have an answer to that question.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

southernbnb wrote:
I still ask my self whatI would have done if the situation had escalated. AndI still don't have an answer to that question.

"NO! GO AWAY OR I WILL CALL THE POLICE!"

"BACK UP, NOW!"

<open the car door hard with all the force you can put into it>

Also, you can roll up the window at the approach of someone questionable, or start the car and put it in gear.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NOPE :celebrate

I really don’t want to, because if I did that would mean I would be close to death and leaving my family and missing my son grow up. I rather not, but if I ever had to I would be ready to use it.

I see you are in Cary. Cary is a nice area, I can call Cary home becauseI went to school there, and most of my life was in cary lol. But in1996 I left

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

Yes, we just moved to Cary from Pinehurst. Thanks for all of the responses...And the "drew my weapon once, but looked nothing like it" comment was corney, but funny. Good to know people have a sense of humor in here...:lol:

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have only once readied my weapon with the intention of using it. I wouldn't call it "drawing" as I was in my apartment and the gun was on my nightstand when I grabbed it. There was a drunk battering down my apartment door at 3 in the morning, despite my orders to stop and go away. Apparently he thought it was his apartment and I was his roommate playing a joke. Had he succeeded in getting through the door he would have found himself about 3 feet from the business end of a cocked unsafetied9mm that I'd been pointing at my door since he started pounding on it,followed very soon thereafter by a succession of loud noises and very painful entry of foreign objects.

As it was, he didn't make it through my door; he eventually gave up and started pounding on another door, then wandered off into the complex. The cops, whom I had calledwhen he started getting violent,showed up about 5 minutes later.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ItsMyRight2Carry wrote:
Yes, we just moved to Cary from Pinehurst. Thanks for all of the responses...And the "drew my weapon once, but looked nothing like it" comment was corney, but funny. Good to know people have a sense of humor in here...:lol:

HEY! My crayon broke......be nice!

;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
ItsMyRight2Carry wrote:
HEY! My crayon broke......be nice!
That ain't all that's broke! :)

thess416

imported post

Yes, I drew my weapon (Glock 23) one time.... and no I didn't have to fire, the guy turned tail and RAN!

It happen a couple of years ago just outside of Raleigh. I'd say it was about 2 or 3 in the afternoon in the middle of July, one of those nice triple digit summer days. I was sitting in my car at Jiffy Lube waiting to get my car inspected. There were several cars in front of me and of course I was last in line.

I had my windows down listening to the radio when a guy walked up to my window carrying a rather large box. Naturally I had to turn the radio down to be able to hear him, as he came closer I figured out he was trying to sell me something. I told him no I wasn't interested, but the guy wouldn't take no for an answer. He started to argue with me so I told him to leave, but the guy wouldn't leave. At this point I started feeling a lil uncomfortable, mainly because I'm trapped in my car and had no where to flee and the fact that this guy in becoming belligerent. He starts getting really upset, starts moving around a lot. So I start to get verbally forceful with him telling him to leave me alone. I must have been loud enough for people near by to hear because the people in front of me started looking. Then he randomly asks me if I was a cop. I said "If I was do you think I would tell you". As I said that he started to pivot to his right while reaching under the back of his shirt, like someone would reach for their wallet.... only higher than where his wallet should have been. I reacted immediately and drew my glock! As soon as he saw he ran.

To this day I don't know what he was reaching for, could have been a gun or knife or maybe nothing.... I honestly don't know.

Afterward the manager came out and talked to me and I told him what happen.