• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newby to the forum

rkellerjr

imported post

Hello everyone, name is Rich, and I just joined. I kinda got routed over here by a gun discussion on a Trans Am forum of all places. I don't OC or CC but have thought about getting my CC license. A quick background, I'm originally from MI, did lots of hunting, spent 8 years military service so I'm comfortable around firearms and such and strongly believe in the 2A as an individual right, as SCOTUS conveyed to us last week. So, having an inkling to carry, I've read quite a few threads on here. I currently own a .40 cal and keep it around for "house" protection. I haven't taken it out to the range for some years now though. Life just seems to get away from you. Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself so you know who I am if I start posting :)

I live in Yorktown, VA but have lived in the Hampton Roads area for some 23 yars now. Army brought me to the area.

Anyway, just wanted to say howdy and I appreciate the site and forum.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Rich,
Welcome. Since you are from Yorktown, why not plan on attending our next Open Carry Dining Out. No date yet, but watch for the Tidewater dining out thread. (you don't have to OC if you aren't comfortable with it yet.) "Renegade" and I are from Yorktown as is DrMark, I believe. York County is what I would call OC friendly for the most part, so if you do decide to start OC'ing you're in a good place.

Hope to hear more form you.

nova

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
(you don't have to OC if you aren't comfortable with it yet.)

Yep...I didn't OC at the first dinner I went to either. But, after seeing how easy it was, and the lack of people running away screaming yelling "HE's got a GUN!!!!" I've been OCing to every event since then.

Welcome to the forum! :)

bayboy42

imported post

rkellerjr wrote:
Hello everyone, name is Rich, and I just joined. I kinda got routed over here by a gun discussion on a Trans Am forum of all places. I don't OC or CC but have thought about getting my CC license. A quick background, I'm originally from MI, did lots of hunting, spent 8 years military service so I'm comfortable around firearms and such and strongly believe in the 2A as an individual right, as SCOTUS conveyed to us last week. So, having an inkling to carry, I've read quite a few threads on here. I currently own a .40 cal and keep it around for "house" protection. I haven't taken it out to the range for some years now though. Life just seems to get away from you. Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself so you know who I am if I start posting :)

I live in Yorktown, VA but have lived in the Hampton Roads area for some 23 yars now. Army brought me to the area.

Anyway, just wanted to say howdy and I appreciate the site and forum.
I'm just over the bridge from you in Gloucester! If you ever want to link up for a trip to the range, just send me a Private Message. WELCOME to the forum.

DocV

imported post

Welcome. Please watch the Tidewater OC Dinner thread and consider attending. It's a great group of people.

DocV