• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

printing

rmodel65

imported post

I was told this is illegal in FL? I visited Jacksonville tonight and dined. While eating 2 JSO sat next to me Im pretty sure they noticed i was printing while sitting down. But they said nothing, so did i just get lucky or was I in the right.

rvrctyrngr

imported post

Where in Jax (that's where I am)?

I wouldn't think you'd get hassled for a simple 'print' here. Now if you were wearing an OWB holster and a tight t-shirt, leaving no doubt what was under it, they probably would have had a chat with you.

The actual statute reads (790.001) - "Concealed weapon" means any dirk, metallic knuckles, slungshot, billie, tear gas gun, chemical weapon or device, or other deadly weapon carried on or about a person in such a manner as to conceal the weapon from the ordinary sight of another person.

In over 20 years, I've never heard of anyone having issues for 'printing'.....doesn't mean it hasn't happened, though.

rmodel65

imported post

i went to the regency square mall area to pick up a new bell housing for my 5.oh it cracked, possibly because of the solid motor mounts

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

um...

whats printing?

is it where you can see an outline of your gun under your shirt?:?

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rmodel65 wrote:

oh ok... :)well even if you are printing, is it still out of ordinary sight?

I've wondered this too, you can only suspect of what it is but dont really know.

rmodel65

imported post

in ga we dont have to worry about it, but if i visit florida then its a problem. i always OC so all i have are owb holsters so last night i just put my shirt over and was wondering if theres any case law regarding the issue??

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Isee

I too only have an OWB holster any really need to get an in the waist holster for whenI want to conceal. I only have a few shirts that cover the OWB one well.

I guess your best option would be to get an IWB holster, good luck!

rvrctyrngr

imported post

rmodel65 wrote:
i went to the regency square mall area to pick up a new bell housing for my 5.oh it cracked, possibly because of the solid motor mounts

EEEEK! You went to Regency and were only carrying a pistol????? Glad you survived!:D Even if the officers did see it, I'm sure they had other things to worry about.

To the other posters....I carry OWB 90% of the time. It's never been an issue.

If there is any case law on folks getting in trouble for 'printing', it'd be the first I've heard about it.

rmodel65

imported post

lol yeah just one pistol but i was carrying 15+1:p i met up with a guy off or jaxracing to pick up the part in the walmart parking lot behind the a&w

FZJ80

imported post

Hi guys, I'm new in this forum but I wanted to share my story of "printing". I was at a local Quiznos and while waiting in line to get my Sub, a LEO entered the Quiznos to get lunch, he was right behing me in line and saw that I was "printing", He touched my shoulder and asked me if I was carrying and I said "Yes sir, I have my CWP, would you like to see it"? He said no, I don't have to, just keep yours there and I'll keep mine here. After a couple of minutes (a very long line at noon rush hour) we just started talking and I asked him if it was illegal to print and he told me "NO", as long as it's under the shirt or jacket or anything you are using to conceal it in the first place, there's noproblem.

I'd like to say that no all LEO's are the same, this officer was very calmed and collected and I assumed that he has a good amount of common sense in his personality because he didn't make it a big deal that I was printing, or maybe he was really hungry, LOL.

I used IWB and OWB holsters and I've had no problems with LEO's before because of printing, you just have to be careful of your shirts not being to tight.

Man, what can we do about the OC issue here in Florida??, I hate to try and find ways to hide my right to bear arms every time I step out of my house.

Curries103

Campaign Veteran
imported post

In a recent conversation I had with a shooting center owner in Palm beach he said that printing in Palm Beach County isn't a big deal with LEO. Broward to the south is a different story. They will pop you if they even think they saw an outline.