• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some people should -not- touch guns.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

ToJas wrote:
If you look closely, you will see that this video uses forced perspective to make it appear as if the person is standing right under the bottle. In fact, they are far to the side and nowhere near the pole on which the bottle is placed.
But it does make gun owners look like irresponsible idiots. :cuss:

ToJas

imported post

I did notice that the bottle was actually on a pole. I did not notice the forced perspective that you aptly pointed out.

I still don't appreciate the image of gun owners that it perpetuates: "Yep, I'm too stupid to figure out what's dangerous... Think I'll shoot over my head like william tell."

Morons.:banghead:

xRapidDavex

imported post

What are you talking about? I don't see any "forced perspective". Please enlighten.

LEO 229

imported post

Perspective.jpg

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Exactly the way that LEO 229 illustrated. But make no mistake about it ... the "Dummy" is aptly named. He was still down-range and nowhere near a truly safe position.

:banghead:

LEO 229

imported post

DangerZone.jpg

The shooter can move side to side and will miss the subjects head. The real risk of danger is shooting too low!!!

Because of the offset positioning.... the shooter can ALSO move the gun up and down and would not hit the subject either.

The shooter would actually have to shoot low and to the right to hit the subject. He would have to be a real bad shot or hate the subject to do this.

We have all shot targets and we move a little in each direction but we stay in a certain area.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

asforme wrote:
Just curious, what program are you using to make that LEO?
Probably some super secret cop program deep down in the basement of his precinct on their hidden super computer that is linked up to the Illuminati. :p (Sorry I just woke up and am on a suger high!)

I can use Blender on my system to do something similar FWIW.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
asforme wrote:
Probably some super secret cop program deep down in the basement of his precinct on their hidden super computer that is linked up to the Illuminati.
Or some mac program, they always seem to have the prettiest stuff. Usually not very useful, but definitely pretty.

LEO 229

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
asforme wrote:
Probably some super secret cop program deep down in the basement of his precinct on their hidden super computer that is linked up to the Illuminati. :p (Sorry I just woke up and am on a suger high!)

I can use Blender on my system to do something similar FWIW.
The same one that we use to alter photographs of crimes?

Like this??

Oswald.jpg

You see!?? Oswald was not really shot by Jack Ruby! He died while rocking out!!

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
asforme wrote:

Paint Shop Pro 8

Excellent program!!

I agree, it is good. On my computer though now and then it has a memory leak (or at least it seems like it on my computer YMMV). Use it for a few hours in one sit down and then press the undo button and it doesn't undo the last thing you did but one several steps before it.After increased squirelinessand slowing eventually it locks up. PSP8 is great, but save OFTEN.

If you are on a much more limited budget GIMP is a free graphics program that lets you do most things, but its not extrememly user friendly and has a steep learning curve.

And if you've got a LOT of $$, the Adobe pack with photoshop is pretty good.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I use gimp because I run Ubuntu Linux as my OS. I was just curious because I thought it may have been some type of diagramming software.

xRapidDavex

imported post

Thanks for the reply. Sill a lot of trust in the shooter.... and like you guys said, it depicts the usual negative stereotypes about firearms owners.