• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Multi-state OC event.

Would you attend a multi-state OC event

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There is good possibility

• Probably not

• Would not be interested/No

• Total voters

pro2A

imported post

Each place has problems and good points. Where I know people from VA could come to PA with their LTCF, people from MD and DEwould have that pesky car transport law... unless of course they had a FL non-res or something like it.Thats why I'm thinking more towards NoVA. The transport laws would be easier for everyone, and you'd only have to transport thru MD and once you get to VA your legal without a LTCF.

pro2A

imported post

Either or... it really makes no difference to me.I'm fine with either a picnic or restaurant.I do know we need to get moving on this if we want to make it work. Sooner or later we need to decide on a place and time. I'm thinking Labor Day weekend. I plan on emailing a few people I've been talking to like leaders from the VCDL, PAFOA, MD Shall issue, Marylandshooters.com and DE Open Carry and decide on a place and time, then from there we can gain interest in our respective states. I'm thinking of having an online yahoo chat room some night next week after the holiday so anyone who wishes to help can throw out ideas and we can all decide on this. As of now I have had no response from anyone in NJ or WV… anyone who wishes to make the trip from those statesare welcome to join us, but as of now this meet is going to be a PA, MD, DE and PA event.

xd.40

imported post

pro2A wrote:
Either or... it really makes no difference to me.I'm fine with either a picnic or restaurant.I do know we need to get moving on this if we want to make it work. Sooner or later we need to decide on a place and time. I'm thinking Labor Day weekend. I plan on emailing a few people I've been talking to like leaders from the VCDL, PAFOA, MD Shall issue, Marylandshooters.com and DE Open Carry and decide on a place and time, then from there we can gain interest in our respective states. I'm thinking of having an online yahoo chat room some night next week after the holiday so anyone who wishes to help can throw out ideas and we can all decide on this. As of now I have had no response from anyone in NJ or WV… anyone who wishes to make the trip from those statesare welcome to join us, but as of now this meet is going to be a PA, MD, DE and PA event.
You forgot VA! :p

Prophet

imported post

xd.40 wrote:
pro2A wrote:
You forgot VA! :p
PA...the state so nice he said it twice

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hey I'm in Pa. now! Doesn't that make it a multi-state event?

Would be more than willing to come back again though - having lots of fun with great people! :)

Yata hey

ccunning

imported post

I think the poll should be replaced or augmented with "I would attend and prefer if the event were held:"
DE
MD
PA
NY
VA
WV

Etc...or whatever locations are appropriate.

pro2A

imported post

Right now we have narrowed it down to NoVA somewhereor the York area of PA. If you wish to vote on a location IM me at Amaxophobia21. We're having a group chat tomorrow at 7pm, be there or be square.

Also with the transport issue. As long as its unloaded and locked in the trunk (use the case you got with your gun), make sure the magazine is EMPTY and the ammo is seperate you will be fine traveling thru Maryland.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We're interested, and will travel 2-3 hours for said event.

Heck, on a nice weekend we might just motorcycle and spend the night.

Pittsburgh isn't too bad, either, with enough notice. I went to CMU - but it was many many many many moons ago.

pro2A

imported post

So, the details for the regional gathering have been decided.

WHEN: Saturday, September 13th, 11am.
WHERE Red, Hot & Blue (Blues and BBQ)
ADDRESS: 541 E Market St, Leesburg, VA 20176, (703) 669-4242
MAP: Google Map

More information on how to RSVP will be posted soon.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

pro2A wrote:

YES! I can get there without going through D.C. Thank you, thank you!:celebrate

Those of you coming from further north, remember that one round in a magazine even if you don't have a weapon is considered a loaded gun in Maryland! :banghead:

Looking forward to it.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ed wrote:
pro2A wrote:
I ate there tonight OC. A few :what:'s from customers but staff didn't care or notice.

Ed
In other words, typical night out at the beanery!
And I suppose that you did not call ahead for permission?:D

Yata hey

KAHR54

imported post

pro2A wrote:

Any ideas for an after lunch activity ( other than the local t.v. reporter and/or local sheriff attention.)

Does R,H&B have live music or encourage patrons to sing or play ? I'm a bluesman, A.K.A"Old Money Bailey". I'd hate to be allowed in while OC and then get tossed from the joint for singing.

To 'calculate' your own blues 'name' go to the following easy to use link:

http://www.outliermusic.com/jokes_bluesname.htm

Dave

echo6tango

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
pro2A wrote:

Those of you coming from further north, remember that one round in a magazine even if you don't have a weapon is considered a loaded gun in Maryland! :banghead:

Looking forward to it.

Yata hey
Sir Grapeshot, I keep hearing the "one round in a magazine is considered a loaded weapon in Maryland[/b]" but I have never found any Maryland statute or instance of case law where this is discussed. Do you have a cite for this? I even spoken to local and State police officers (I know, don’t beat me up for asking the police to quote laws :)) and those I’ve spoken to have never heard of this either. Thanks in advance sir!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

echo6tango wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
pro2A wrote:

Looking forward to it.

Yata hey
Sir Grapeshot, I keep hearing the "one round in a magazine is considered a loaded weapon in Maryland" but I have never found any Maryland statute or instance of case law where this is discussed. Do you have a cite for this? I even spoken to local and State police officers (I know, don’t beat me up for asking the police to quote laws :)) and those I’ve spoken to have never heard of this either. Thanks in advance sir!
Negative, I have not. While i am probably guilty of repeating heresay, it has been referred to so frequently that I for one would rather not be the test case. It has been discussed and confirmed that there is no specific cite.

I should have said, "I have heard' or similar.

Yata hey

echo6tango

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
echo6tango wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
pro2A wrote:

Looking forward to it.

Yata hey
Sir Grapeshot, I keep hearing the "one round in a magazine is considered a loaded weapon in Maryland" but I have never found any Maryland statute or instance of case law where this is discussed. Do you have a cite for this? I even spoken to local and State police officers (I know, don’t beat me up for asking the police to quote laws :)) and those I’ve spoken to have never heard of this either. Thanks in advance sir!
Negative, I have not. While i am probably guilty of repeating heresay, it has been referred to so frequently that I for one would rather not be the test case. It has been discussed and confirmed that there is no specific cite.

I should have said, "I have heard' or similar.

Yata hey
I suppose that as so many folks have heard and believed this, it may have made it to law enforcement and they may have the same impression as well...of course that could result in a detour from your planned travel through Maryland to the nearest place of incarceration.

I'm gonna try and nail this down once and for all and seek an official response from those leading this fine State.

Thanks again!