• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

POLL

How often would you say you OC?

• 7 Days a week: its my job.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 Days a week: I'm an American!

• 1-2 Days a week

• Only when I worry

• Once or Twice a month...

• Total voters

scorpioajr

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
I'm getting one when I get my XD:D

you sohuld come behind the lake with me and my wife sometime to shoot my SIGMA...they aren't as plastic-y as you would think. And easier on the ole pocket book when it comes to ammo.

thx997303

imported post

Going shooting is fun, I wouldn't mind coming out there to shoot.

My wife might have a problem with it though.

scorpioajr

imported post

eddified wrote:
<hangs head> if there was a "never" option, i would have clicked it.

I don't open carry because I don't have any holsters at all, IWB, OWB, or others. I ordered the crossbreed supertuck, so once that comes i'll at least be able to conceal carry, but i havent done anything yet towards getting an oc holster.

Ill assume from your Avatar you currently own a Sig Sauer P239...well, i COULDN'T find a SERPA made holster for it, but i did find a FOBUS brand, here it is: ( and yes, thats the one for YOUR gun).. :celebrate

Attachments

• FOBUS.JPG
    FOBUS.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 151

Keldar

imported post

I would have added CC as well in that poll. It is my prefered method of carrying. Am I the only one here with that view?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Keldar wrote:
I would have added CC as well in that poll. It is my prefered method of carrying. Am I the only one here with that view?

You're on an Open Carry forum! :)

eddified

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Keldar wrote:

True, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone on the forum O.C.'s. I'm a wanna-be open carrier. I hope to someday open carry -- but I'm going to first try concealed carry to get used to having a gun on me without having to worry about getting LEO's on my trail. You see, I've never carried a gun before. It's a new thing for me. By coming to the forums and participating in discussions, I hope to educate myself to the point that I feel confident open carrying. I hope that helping others feel confident open carrying (empowerment through knowledge of the law, etc) is one of the goals of the forum.

Edit: the only reason I haven't cc'd yet is because I don't yet have the permit. I've just taken the class, and now I'm putting my application together.

eddified

imported post

haha, i thought someone might say something to that effect.

i'm just not ready for it. I'm very non-confrontational and not sure i want to deal with leo encounters just yet.

SlimsBFG

imported post

eddified wrote:
<hangs head> if there was a "never" option, i would have clicked it.

I don't open carry because I don't have any holsters at all, IWB, OWB, or others. I ordered the crossbreed supertuck, so once that comes i'll at least be able to conceal carry, but i havent done anything yet towards getting an oc holster.
Yeah, missing the "never" option for me as well, i.e. haven't found the nerve to do it yet! I'll use my Blackhawk SERPA for sure when I do though!!! ;)

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Keldar wrote:

And how many here spend time on both OC and CC forumns?

I'd suggest anyone not hostile to open carry ought to be welcomed here. Indeed, we ought to welcome anyone who respects and defends our rights to choose to OC even if they choose something different, including not owning guns at all.

As for me, my preferred carry method is usually "casually concealed."

xmirage2kx

imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Keldar wrote:

And how many here spend time on both OC and CC forumns?

I'd suggest anyone not hostile to open carry ought to be welcomed here. Indeed, we ought to welcome anyone who respects and defends our rights to choose to OC even if they choose something different, including not owning guns at all.

As for me, my preferred carry method is usually "casually concealed."

I CCC (casually concealed carry) much of the time just because it is easy (OWB holster, untucked shirt not caring if the gun stays hidden)