• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had an OC encounter on the Sounder.....

David.Car

imported post

I completely agree with the statement that you should be the first level retention. Being aware of your surroundings is #1. If you are always just watchful of anyone that gets to close to your strong side than it really shouldn't ever be a worry.

As for myself, I just feel more comfortable knowing that if for some reason I am distracted or just absolutely in another world not paying attention, I have something else that is keeping an eye out for me.

Serpa CQC for me. Nothing fancy, just a trigger button.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

I used to carry a Serpa with the finger retention. I now carry a Bianchi 3-slot leather holster with a thumb strap. I've had people try to pull it out (when unloaded/cleared), and of 10 or so pulls, only ONE came out, and that was after about 5 seconds of tugging on it and just so happened to push the thumbsnap to the side...

I'm personally not worried about it, being alert and keeping an eye/feel for your surroundings will avoid 99% of any situation anyway..