• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is Brady Camp clueless about Open Carry

tito887

imported post

Since I started learning about the gun rights movements in this country I felt it was important to learn all the facts both pro and con so that I could make a clear argument to defend my beliefs about citizen gun ownership. That research eventually lead me to conclude that Open carry must be my preferred mode of carry. But I find it strange that when I go on anti-gun websites like the Brady's they make no mention of Open carry. Neither in their reviews of various states or when they speak of the 'Myths," of guns in America. Has anyone else thought of this. Do they just chose to ignore it?

Huck

imported post

If you read enough of the Brady Bunch's site, and you wont have to read much,you'll very quickly come to the realization that they are totally out of touch with reality.

Plus, Paul Helmke and Peter Hammcould'nt tell the truth if their lives depended on it.

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Bradys have not yet said much on the Open Carry issue, largely because IMO they're not sure how to demonize it in a way that sounds convincing. "A return to the Wild West" makes most average joes laugh in the states where it's at issue;most news stories coveringthe Texas OC push have stated thatall but 6 states allow it in some form,so it's hardly a "return" to anything but our lawful gun rights.Those in the know laugh harder because "a return to the Wild West" would be seen as an insult by many states on the East Coast and Midwest that allow it. Other arguments, such as "it'll make people uncomfortable" are invalid on their face, and all it takes is a comparison (now possible thanks to Heller) to the 1st Amendment to illustrate it; should you not be allowed to say something because I feel uncomfortable hearing it? If that's true, the Bradys would be out of business because I feel uncomfortable with their bigoted hate speech talking about taking away my right to defend myself.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Liko81 wrote:
The Bradys have not yet said much on the Open Carry issue, largely because IMO they're not sure how to demonize it in a way that sounds convincing.

Oh, it's coming. Just be patient.

On the other hand, maybe they're afraid to criticize it until its more widely known, because if they do they know they will draw attention to it and more people might realize its legal and start doing it, which would backfire on them by creating more open carry supporters.

imperialism2024

imported post

Why doesn't the Brady campaign fight open carry?

Because America's gun owners are so good at fighting open carry themselves.

In all seriousness, though, the most scathing criticism of open carry comes from casual gun owners. No need for the Brady campaign to waste resources.