Thread: HB 89

Post imported post

It's time! House Bill 89 is now law! Thanks Rep Bearden and GCO!!!

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

Just joined the forum to cheer about HB89 and Tim Bearden and everybody else who voted for it. Hopefully Bearden doesn't get arrested today at the airport, but who knows? Big fight a-comin'.

Post imported post

Hell, it'd be better if he DID get arrested in the long run.

Look at all the work Danbus has done with his blood, sweat, tears, and paper trail to straighten out the Norfolk, VA PD.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Maybe true, but I'd prefer it didn't look as provocative as that. Then again, how is picking your family up from the airport a provocative act?

Post imported post

Jonas Salk wrote:
    Then again, how is picking your family up from the airport a provocative act?
    Exactly.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

good for you guys
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

I already have my "victory dinner" planned to celebrate the new law. I will be going out to the Applebee's in Flemington (just outside of Hinesville) for dinner on Friday evening. I'm planning to walk in with my XD9 concealed on my hip, sit down, and order a nice dinner and a glass or two of tea or maybe soda with it. When the food gets to my table I'm going to eat slowly and savor not only every bite of the meal but also the two big victories we've had for gun rights this year, the passage of HB 89 and the DC vs Heller decision.

I think it's fitting that I would do this on Indepenndence Day of all days since I will be celebrating my newly regranted right to own andcarrya weapon for my own self defense, along with the fact that I live in a country where the people actually do have a say in what their government does. We're not a perfect country, but Itend to thinkwe're closer to perfect than any othernationthis world has ever known.

I will go ahead and make a prediction now that no one will be shot as a result of my weapon being on me while I'm in Applebee's. I'm expecting an uneventful dinner that evening, but I will be prepared to act in my own defense or that of othersif I must.

Post imported post

officerjdc wrote:
    We're not a perfect country, but I¬*tend to think¬*we're closer to perfect than any other¬*nation¬*this world has ever known.¬*
    The more often just people stand up for what's right, the better this nation returns to.