• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry/loaded gun

GSXRrider

imported post

"Pretty much on the spot. One final note: There is also a law that says that you may not emit an artificial light from within your vehicle while carrying a handgun, unless you have a CHL. This is probably intended mostly as a hunting regulation, but is so broadly written that, if pulled over OCing a handgun w/o a CHL at night, it's illegal for you to turn your dome light on so that the officer can see into your vehicle better. :quirky"

Does a match count as artificial? What about a candle? Should I replace all my dome lights with candles??? :lol:

RevolverPride7

imported post

ORS 166.250 says I can't carry a concealed firearm, and it can't be concealed within a motor vehicle if it is readily accessable to any occupant, but carried openly in a belt holster is NOT considered to be concealed for the purposes of the Statute.

with this in mind, what do i do with the magazine? lock it away in the clove compartment? not easily accessible, and securely locked away? or what should i do?

GSXRrider

imported post

RevolverPride7 wrote:
ORS 166.250 says I can't carry a concealed firearm, and it can't be concealed within a motor vehicle if it is readily accessable to any occupant, but carried openly in a belt holster is NOT considered to be concealed for the purposes of the Statute.

with this in mind, what do i do with the magazine? lock it away in the clove compartment? not easily accessible, and securely locked away? or what should i do?
It's not really clear what to do with the magazine, cause it almost sounds like you could carry the magazine in a mag carrier on your belt also, or on the seat next to you. Except in Portland where they have their no loaded magazines rule, which I believe is not legal to enforce. I'd recommend getting a CHL so you can carry it loaded in the ban cities and in your car.

RevolverPride7

imported post

GSXRrider wrote:
RevolverPride7 wrote:

It's not really clear what to do with the magazine, cause it almost sounds like you could carry the magazine in a mag carrier on your belt also, or on the seat next to you. Except in Portland where they have their no loaded magazines rule, which I believe is not legal to enforce. I'd recommend getting a CHL so you can carry it loaded in the ban cities and in your car.

ok thank you. i think i have gotten enough info i need. i do not have a DHL but plan on getting one soon. in the meantime, i will continue to express my 2nd amendment right and OC were its legal. ill start a new thread about my experiences with OC in Central Oregon. BTW i also carry two pamphlets on me or in my vehicle for the circumstance that i can leave one with a store owner or to show a employee that is not sure what to think about OC. its just a good idea.

GSXRrider

imported post

I wouldn't think you would have much trouble in central oregon. I've been on a motorcycle trip to baker city a couple times, last time I saw a lady in some small town riding a quad w/ a rifle in a rack. Just going down the street....pretty cool