• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Hampshire Murder Gives Advice to Open Carriers!

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hardtarget wrote:
call me an idiot, but I am missing the condom joke completely - lol
If carrying a gun invites criminals to victimize you, and carrying a fire extinguisher invites arsonists to light you on fire, carrying condoms would...

hardtarget

Activist Member
imported post

ROFLMFAO! THAT is 2 funny! Know what is funny? I have been trying to figure out the condom relevance for 3 days. I totally missed the logic of my own joke. That is what happens if you smoke an ounce of killer dope every day until you are 26. Even though I got 29 years sober on 6/3/79, I still am an idiot.

But I guess I could have asked "would what?"

PT111

imported post

But I've been confronted by meth-addicts (tweakers) who knew I was armed and were bent on confronting me anyway. The comment of the arresting officer was, "They don't think they're going to get shot."
One of the problems that people have with discussing OC vs CC and carrying in the first place is we assume than BG's think rationally. Your comment on that is perfectly in line with what I have been told by LEO and studies that I have read. One study found that 85% or so of all criminals in jail said that when they committed the crime getting caught was the last thing on their mind. It didn't really matter what kind of time they were facing they just figured they wouldn't get caught. Meth-heads don't worry about getting caught, who they hurt or that they could be shot. Rational thinking is not part of their mental process so I think the fellow in the OP could be on to something. Just becasue he doesn't agree with our preconceived notions of what BG's will do doesn't mean that he is wrong, just we don't agree with him.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PT111, They don't think about long term consequences or getting caught. They don't look into the law or what the penalties are. They likely don't even know if their state has shall issue CC or how many people may be CCing. Which is why I think it's important to OC. I'm not a drug dealer or involved in any gang wars, the criminals likely to attack me are small time thugs trying to steal a dollar. Them seeing that I am armed right here right now will make them want to move on. Unless of course they really, really want my gun and think they can beat me to it.

imperialism2024

imported post

asforme wrote:
PT111, They don't think about long term consequences or getting caught. They don't look into the law or what the penalties are. They likely don't even know if their state has shall issue CC or how many people may be CCing. Which is why I think it's important to OC. I'm not a drug dealer or involved in any gang wars, the criminals likely to attack me are small time thugs trying to steal a dollar. Them seeing that I am armed right here right now will make them want to move on. Unless of course they really, really want my gun and think they can beat me to it.
I agree, and to go a little further...

I'd say that even irrational criminals understand getting shot. And they don't want that. So even if they don't mind facing a few years imprisonment over the contents of one's wallet, the real threat of getting shot (by someone OCing) may prevent them from doing so.

I've also found that anti-OCers tend to have a certain image in their mind of what an OCer is/does. In this image, the OCer is talking on a cell phone with an iPod earbud in the other ear, and perhaps watching a pocket television with the other hand... all the while a BG dressed as a ninja is sneaking up behind the OCer, at which point said BG slips the OCer's handgun out of the non-rentention holster without the OCer even noticing.

Unfortunately, many (most, hopefully) of us possess... situational awareness. We're not oblivious.

hardtarget

Activist Member
imported post

Here is my real 2 cents on this. This insect is a murderer. He should not be telling us law abiding Citizens his wonderful BS little input on how criminals allegedly "think." We already KNOW how they think, that is precisely why we are armed, be it OC or CC.

He should, instead, not be writing a damn thing. He should already have been executed and decomposing, just as his Victim is, right this moment.

If he had killed someone close to my heart, this monster would already be very very very: dead.