• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC with Slide Open?

thx997303

imported post

OH, ok that's pretty standard then.

\AT the same time, you would think that if they can get 16 9mm's in a similarly sized mag, you would think that they could fit more than 10 .22s

scorpioajr

imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
Only 10 rounds because the mag is single stack - .22LR tends to jam if you double stack them due to their small diameter.

ahhhh - i was sondering why they EVER single stacked ammo in Mags. Always seemed like double stacking was a better way to go, bu that makes sense.

scorpioajr

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
.22 LR tends to jam.

I would never rely on a rimfire, especially a .22 LR

i would say that you are correct - The experience ihave had shooting my bud's walther P22 has been posative. i enjoy the lack of recoil, very accurate, fun little thumb feeder on the magazines...but YES - it DOES have a tendancy to jam in a rapid fire scenario. Overall, i would give the Walther P22 a 3 out of 5. Not a 4 only b/ c my pinky finger doesnt fit the grip.

xmirage2kx

imported post

scorpioajr wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
... guess your Sigma's not bad either.

you guess ? geez... 16 shots aint bad bro. :D To date: id say i have put roughly 6000+ rounds through it in a 3-4 year span. I have ONLY had to replace the shell extractor once. (Was done for free by Smith & Wesson lifetime warranty)
I had a Sigma 40, it was basicly a glock (some parts are even interchangable) but with a worse trigger pull (it shocks me that this is even possible). It was jam free even after a couple thousand rounds so I have to give it some credit.

scorpioajr

imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:
scorpioajr wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
was basicly a glock...but with a worse trigger pull...

Yea, the trigger pull is rated t 4.75Lbs. I actually have a 3.5lb converstion enroute to me now. Im kinda excited as the DA only on the SIGMA series IS a tough pull.

BUT PLEASE REMEBER: This gun has NO SAFTEY feature EXCEPT for the trigger pull.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

scorpioajr wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
Yep, basically a more ergonomic Glock, I may think about getting one, but I really like the XD

....Heres the ONLY 9mm that you shuld Opencarry... (repeat)

THAT's AWESOME:celebrate

We like:celebrate

I want one, I want one, PLEEEASE:lol:

TJ

scorpioajr

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
scorpioajr wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
Yep, basically a more ergonomic Glock, I may think about getting one, but I really like the XD

TJ

i know im the new-guy, but dang TJ - how did i know you were gonna say that? lol :D

xRapidDavex

imported post

scorpioajr wrote:
GeneticsDave wrote:
Only 10 rounds because the mag is single stack - .22LR tends to jam if you double stack them due to their small diameter.

ahhhh - i was sondering why they EVER single stacked ammo in Mags. Always seemed like double stacking was a better way to go, bu that makes sense.
I want a quad stack mag. :lol:

UTOC-45-44

imported post

scorpioajr wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
scorpioajr wrote:
thx997303 wrote:

TJ

i know im the new-guy, but dang TJ - how did i know you were gonna say that? lol :D

:what:...:lol:...:lol:...:celebrate

TOOpredictive ? :uhoh:...:lol:...:celebrate

TJ