Thread: Seattle Pridefest 2008-Seattle Center

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Myself and two of my friends (both GLBT members, Slash open carrying in a shoulder holster) were attending Pridefest at Seattle Center, along with the Parade.

Had no encounters with Seattle PD at all. They saw it, but they did nothing. Both myself and Slash were full participants in the Pride festivities so were weren't generally regarded as unfriendly to the participants.

Contrast this to last year:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...mp;forum_id=55

I thought for certain I would have had SOME problem especially with the whole Nickels gun ban announcement possibly causing confusion with Seattle PD (since it technically hasn't happened yet insofar as rules).

Post imported post

Glad to hear everything went off without a hitch. Sounds like it went just as well as Olympia Pride; admittedly, we couldn't find Steve because he wasn't there like he thought he'd be, but still got to do some educating.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

It's funny because I have three friends that went to Pride who said they saw a man open carrying a gun about to get brought down by two officers behind him. They know OC is legal, but they're very..."skittish" because they have no experience.

Just figured you'd like another viewpoint, since this person may have very well been you. Glad it went well!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Ask your friends if the man they saw carrying was doing so in a hip holster or a shoulder holster?

Post imported post

Did you get a chance to distribute those WGR pamphlets I sent you?