• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Pridefest 2008-Seattle Center

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Myself and two of my friends (both GLBT members, Slash open carrying in a shoulder holster) were attending Pridefest at Seattle Center, along with the Parade.

Had no encounters with Seattle PD at all. They saw it, but they did nothing. Both myself and Slash were full participants in the Pride festivities so were weren't generally regarded as unfriendly to the participants.

Contrast this to last year:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=3232&forum_id=55

I thought for certain I would have had SOME problem especially with the whole Nickels gun ban announcement possibly causing confusion with Seattle PD (since it technically hasn't happened yet insofar as rules).

just_a_car

imported post

Glad to hear everything went off without a hitch. Sounds like it went just as well as Olympia Pride; admittedly, we couldn't find Steve because he wasn't there like he thought he'd be, but still got to do some educating.

Holo

imported post

It's funny because I have three friends that went to Pride who said they saw a man open carrying a gun about to get brought down by two officers behind him. They know OC is legal, but they're very..."skittish" because they have no experience.

Just figured you'd like another viewpoint, since this person may have very well been you. Glad it went well!