• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thanks VA!!

Boomer654

imported post

Whenmy family and I were traveling from PA to Georgia two weeks ago, I had to OC when we stopped for lunch on I-81/I-77 in Virginia. My GFL is reciprocated by NC and PA, but I had to keep the pistol in the glovebox in SC and keep it exposed in VA and WV to adhere tothe different Statelaws (I researched this prior to the trip). I only had one comment directed at me, and it was by a CCL holder from Ohio who was impressed that "we" were able to Open Carry in VA. I explained why I was OC'ing in Dairy Queen (keep it on my hip or leaveit laying exposed on the seat of the car.... hmmm which one to choose? LOL) and that I was from Georgia not VA. We had a pleasant 5 minute conversation and I went on to have a nice lunch with my family and an uneventful ride home. No Virginians commented on the pistol at all. Thanks to all of you who OC inVirginia for making it easier on all of us to OC in your beautiful state. :D

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glad you enjoyed the experience. Do come again and stay awhile.

Seriously, if you are going to be passing thru and can give advance notice, you might find that folks here are willing to meet up with you for an OC lunch/supper. If you have never experienced eating a meal surrounded by folks OC-ing, you have missed a truely wonderful time.:celebrate

stay safe.

skidmark

Glock27Bill

imported post

I second the Open Carry get together with our friend from Pennsylvania.

We had one a couple of weeks ago for a guy and his girlfriend (wife?) in town from Seattle.

Always good times.

Glad you enjoyed your trip through the Old Dominion.