• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

YOUR GOVERNMENT AT WORK, FEMA inspector goes berserk with golf club. WorldNetDaily

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=68316

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – A FEMA inspector, angered at a pedestrian who got in his way, allegedly took out a golf club, chased the pedestrian down and bashed him across the arm, breaking the club in the process.

According to the Cedar Rapids Gazette, the incident Friday grew out of an argument, which started after the inspector nearly drove over the pedestrian, and ended with witnesses surrounding the car to prevent the inspector from escaping before authorities arrived.

Vincent Koley, 74, of Chapin, S.C., a Federal Emergency Management Agency inspector contracted by FEMA from a Virginia housing inspection company, was driving south along 1st Street SW, only a block from the rain-swollen Cedar River. Shortly before noon, he came to the crosswalk in front of the Penford Products plant at 10th Avenue SW and nearly drove into Penford employee Tom Kramer, 54, of Lisbon, Iowa.
Kramer leaped out of the way of the oncoming vehicle, but then pushed against it and told the driver to slow down.

According to the Cedar Rapids Police Department, Koley stopped the car, got out and insisted that "he didn't have to slow down, he was with FEMA."

After an argument, Kramer turned to walk away, but Koley returned to the car, retrieved a golf club and struck Kramer across the arm.

Kramer was not seriously injured, but the Gazette reported that several Penford employees who witnessed the assault surrounded the car to prevent Koley from making a getaway. At one point, according to police, Koley got back in the car and tried to nudge the vehicle through the crowd, nearly running down Kramer a second time.

Koley has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon and booked into the Jones County Jail in nearby Anamosa, Iowa.

============================================================

Suppose Kramer had been an LAC (legally armed citizen) and responded with deadly force?

Sheriff

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Suppose Kramer had been an LAC (legally armed citizen) and responded with deadly force?

He would most likely be charged with capital murder. With a half bakedexplanation from the local policebeing that the FEMA employee was some sort of federal law enforcement agent.

I doubt he would ever be convicted though, not with all the witnesses that seemed to be present. But he would be $100,000 poorer because of his legal fees in a capital murder charge.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FEMA guy sounds like a bully and bullies usually run when faced with equal or greater force. My guess is that had Kramer been a LAC, the FEMA guy would have quickly backed off and run away. Given that there have been cases where someone has been killed with a golf club, I think that would have qualified as Kramer being in imminent fear of his life or serious physical injury. And I think it would have been yet another example of the majority case where the presense of a firearm in the hands of a LAC prevents a violent crime without a shot being fired.

Sheriff

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
My guess is that had Kramer been a LAC, the FEMA guy would have quickly backed off and run away.
Most likely. Either that, or seek a criminal warrant against Kramer by claiming a weapon was brandished against him.

Eeyore

imported post

Golf clubs don't kill people--golfers do! Quick, pass a ban (or at least mandatory registration) on golf clubs. Maybe we'll allow you to keep one in your home, but don'y tou dare let us see you carrying it around!

:p

Rey

imported post

We will allow you to keep it in your home but only if it's registered and we strongly recommend that you keep the club unscrewed from the shaft between strokes.

Sheriff

imported post

BUBB4H wrote:
We will allow you to keep it in your home but only if it's registered and we strongly recommend that you keep the club unscrewed from the shaft between strokes.
Don't forget the mandatory background check by the PGA. :lol:

SpringerXDacp

imported post

And, during lawful transport the balls must be separate from the clubs and locked in the trunk. If your vehicle does not have a trunk....

Evil Ernie

imported post

No hi-capacity golf bags either...any bag capable of holding more than 13 clubs and it's classified as an Assault Bag...and beware of the "evil black graphite shafted, titanium head" driver, it'll be like the old west!!! Blood in the streets!!!!
One has to wonder with all of those that are homeless or damn near it, when did this douchebag have time to golf?!?!?!?

MetalChris

imported post

In England it is sometimes illegal to transport golf clubs and other "potentially dangerous" sporting equipment. I remember reading something when stationed over there that mentioned if you were carrying a set of golf clubs, you were ok, but just a single golf club would mean you intended to use it as a weapon. As for baseball/softball bats, as long as you had other gear that corresponded with it (such as a glove, ball, cleats, etc.) you were coo, but just the bat, not coo.

Like I said in another thread, we're only a few years away from becoming like England.

Gunslinger

imported post

Eeyore wrote:
Golf clubs don't kill people--golfers do! Quick, pass a ban (or at least mandatory registration) on golf clubs. Maybe we'll allow you to keep one in your home, but don'y tou dare let us see you carrying it around!

:p
When golf clubs are illegal, only criminals will have golf clubs. :what: