• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bulk Ammo suggestions.

eyesopened

imported post

ammoman.com or buyammo.com are good to deal with. Also check the ar15.com equipment exchange forum. They have dealers that post up arfcom specificsales.

imperialism2024

imported post

Does 500-1000 rounds even qualify as bulk? :p

Anyhow, I go to gun shows. With the cost of shipping these days, I end up saving about $20 per case. Though it might not be worthwhile for just a single or half case.

Any particular type of ammo for which you're looking? Just the cheapest you can find? Or is there a certain brand?

tarzan1888

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Does 500-1000 rounds even qualify as bulk? :p....

2024 You crack me up....:lol:

Then again, who am I to say anything. I just moved all the ammo I had in my bedroom closet, to an exterior load bearing wall, for fear of structural damage. :shock:

Tarzan

imperialism2024

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
Does 500-1000 rounds even qualify as bulk? :p....

2024 You crack me up....:lol:

Then again, who am I to say anything. I just moved all the ammo I had in my bedroom closet, to an exterior load bearing wall, for fear of structural damage. :shock:

Tarzan
You know you might have almost enough ammo if...
-You describe your ammo stockpile as a power of ten
-You have to check the GVWR of your vehicle before picking up a load of ammo
-A selling point for an ammo purchase is the dealer's offer of use of his handtruck
-You've contemplated purchasing ammo by the pallet

Yes, I'll admit to each one of those.

Anybody got more?

WARCHILD

imported post

-A selling point for an ammo purchase is the dealer's offer of use of his handtruck

Anybody got more?

Yeah; Cash tax return check, hurry to train station to claim which boxcar is being unloaded for you. The only time you have too much ammo is--- NEVER!

Evil Ernie

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

Anybody got more?

Yeah; Cash tax return check, hurry to train station to claim which boxcar is being unloaded for you. The only time you have too much ammo is--- NEVER!

- You have to distribute ammo around the house evenly to avoid structural damage/excessive foundation shift/cracked concrete in the garage...

Dustin

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Any particular type of ammo for which you're looking? Just the cheapest you can find? Or is there a certain brand?

I'm not looking for the cheapest, but I'm not trying to purchase Match Grade rounds either.

Blazers seem to be some good rounds.

TheMrMitch

imported post

" You have to distribute ammo around the house evenly to avoid structural damage/excessive foundation shift/cracked concrete in the garage..."

I live in a small cabin and had to move ammo to one of my sheds. Floor in shed caved in. Sigh......:shock:

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Real ammo comes in spam cans!

ammoml6.jpg

khicks

imported post

freinds dont let freinds shoot wolf. i have found that wolf ammo to be dirty ammo. you will spend a lot of time cleaning up after shooting it. some of the others are a lot cleaner,winchester is one of them. i have used cheaper then dirt and sports man guide before. no problems. i need to order more my self may be 5k

MaryPJohnson

OP- Seems you are a candidate for learning to handload. I sincerely hope you are saving all the spent brass just in case you ever comtemplate purchasing reloading equipment.

flb_78

www.ammoman.com prices include shippping, Ive bought a couple cases of 380 and 9mm from them
www.Natchezss.com offers discounts on purchases of 10 boxes or more usually, Ive bought several cases of 9mm
www.ammotogo.com good site, Ive bought cases of shotgun rounds

Sometimes it's hard to beat plain old Walmart for target rounds.

Almost all handgun ammunition in America is manufactured by ATK now, so there's not much difference in quality anymore.

Wolf is cheap to shoot, it may be a little dirtier then some domestic, but most folks clean their guns after a range day anyways.