Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tidewater July OC Dinner

Post imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
    Maybe we should start a new topic with July's date?
    Good catch, Ron. Got it. Sitting here in front of a computer for 12 hours with lots of freee time on my hands. LOL

Post imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
    cwolfs69 wrote:
    thursday the 10th
    Sounds perfect! All in favor.....?

Post imported post

vbnative73, you beat me to it... I was starting the new thread also and I figured I would check 1 last time before posting new thread... this is what I was starting with:

Start the July OCDO planning!!!

Thursday the 10th @ Dominick’s Pizza and Pasta @ 7PM on Holland Drive in Virginia Beach has been thrown aroundin previous topics, but someone may want to contact him in person to make sure this is kosher with him... considering the recent events. DocV and I live in that neck of the woods, so one of us could swing by there.

Post imported post

Could we have at least ONE dinner on the weekend....

I get off work at midnight, but I wanna be down for the dinners.

Post imported post

danbus wrote:
    Could we have at least ONE dinner on the weekend....

I get off work at midnight, but I wanna be down for the dinners.
    Working nights here too. how about next Saturday at Dominicks Pizza???

Post imported post

Being a newby not sure I should comment but, for some of us living on the peninsula, having a weekday dinner in VA Beach is at best, difficult to get to, and even if we do make it the drive back makes for a very late night. Just something to think about, weekends are much easier to navigate

Post imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
    vbnative73, you beat me to it... I was starting the new thread also and I figured I would check 1 last time before posting new thread... this is what I was starting with:

Start the July OCDO planning!!!

Thursday the 10th @ Dominick’s Pizza and Pasta @ 7PM on Holland Drive in Virginia Beach has been thrown aroundin previous topics, but someone may want to contact him in person to make sure this is kosher with him... considering the recent events. DocV and I live in that neck of the woods, so one of us could swing by there.
    Being as this will be my first dinner, I'll leave it to a veteran to inquire with the owner. But if he's cool with it, I'll be there!

Post imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
    Being as this will be my first dinner, I'll leave it to a veteran to inquire with the owner. But if he's cool with it, I'll be there!
    We don't enquire with the owner - we show up - for over two years we've never been refused admittance (of course there's always a first time, and if it ever happens there are plenty of other places to go).

Post imported post

rkellerjr wrote:
    Being a newby not sure I should comment but, for some of us living on the peninsula, having a weekday dinner in VA Beach is at best, difficult to get to, and even if we do make it the drive back makes for a very late night. Just something to think about, weekends are much easier to navigate
    Valid point... which is usually why there is alternatingevery other weekOCDO's between the southside and the northside, that makes it fair for both sides. Since the first one this month is down here, the next one (tenantive date) about the 17th will be up on that side. You can read http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/11308.htmlfor the month of June and how things alternated. Some people do set things up for weekend lunches also, so keep checking the threads.

Post imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
    rkellerjr wrote:
    Valid point... which is usually why there is alternatingevery other weekOCDO's between the southside and the northside, that makes it fair for both sides. Since the first one this month is down here, the next one (tenantive date) about the 17th will be up on that side. You can read http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/11308.htmlfor the month of June and how things alternated. Some people do set things up for weekend lunches also, so keep checking the threads.
    Sounds like a plan, thanks.

Post imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
    Thursday the 10th @ Dominick’s Pizza and Pasta @ 7PM
    So, is this the plan?

Post imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
    DocDaddy wrote:
    Thursday the 10th @ Dominick’s Pizza and Pasta @ 7PM
    So, is this the plan?
    Is this good with everybody? Consensus?

Post imported post

Even though I said "we don't ask ahead of time" I think these posts from the previous topic on this should be considered:

Dutch Uncle: At first, I agreed it would be a good place to go, especially for the symbolism. On the other hand, I think we need to realize that the owner and his staff have been through a very disturbing event, which very few of us have been through. They might not be too pleased with 15-20 people walking in open carrying. This is one case where I think it would be wise to ask first, and not get huffy if the owner says "No thanks, fellas".

mp3mogul: I much agree. It is a traumatic event, for the shooter and for the people that work there that have been a part of this.

I don't even think that contacting the owner for an OC dinner is appropriate at this juncture, it may have a negative effect on him, and he may ban guns in the restaurant.

Post imported post

How about Saturday the 12th? There's a place called The Wing King on VA Beach Blvd. I've OCd there, and they have tables that can be put together.

Post imported post

I'm new to oc is the dinner open to everyone or just members of vcdl?

Post imported post

Everyone.

Post imported post

sounds good if i dont have to work i'll be there

ccloud43

Post imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    How about Saturday the 12th? There's a place called The Wing King on VA Beach Blvd. I've OCd there, and they have tables that can be put together.
    Glen is this a dinner or lunch, If it is a dinner we can make it, but cant for lunch, I have to work.

Post imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
    GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    Glen is this a dinner or lunch, If it is a dinner we can make it, but cant for lunch, I have to work.
    Dinner would be good. I was just suggesting Saturday, the times not a big deal.

Post imported post

Just so were all on the same page the date is saturday now?

Post imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
    Even though I said "we don't ask ahead of time" I think these posts from the previous topic on this should be considered:

Dutch Uncle: At first, I agreed it would be a good place to go, especially for the symbolism. On the other hand, I think we need to realize that the owner and his staff have been through a very disturbing event, which very few of us have been through. They might not be too pleased with 15-20 people walking in open carrying. This is one case where I think it would be wise to ask first, and not get huffy if the owner says "No thanks, fellas".

mp3mogul: I much agree. It is a traumatic event, for the shooter and for the people that work there that have been a part of this.

I don't even think that contacting the owner for an OC dinner is appropriate at this juncture, it may have a negative effect on him, and he may ban guns in the restaurant.
    In doing so might it be a good idea to inform him we would like to do it in support of what he did for himself and his employees. Also let him know about OCDO and even VCDL. Who knows he may want to join up.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Post imported post

Sea_Chicken wrote:
    Just so were all on the same page the date is saturday now?
    We usually vote on it. Myself and three others are interested in Saturday.

Post imported post

Doesn't matter to me, but I do have a request.

When it is finally decided, can someone in charge of such things post something like:

THE PLACE, DATE AND TIME OF THE JULY GET TOGETHER IS: **************.

That way if I or someone else is quickly scanning the posts, it will be easy to find.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

ccloud43

Post imported post

Ok 1 Dinner for sure is Wing King on Va Beach Blvd.

Sat 12 July @ 1900

Glen can you post the address for the one you were talking about. I dont have a phone book handy

We need to have a dinner on the Hampton side soon,counting this one at Wing King it will be 3 in a row on the southside. So lets hook a northside brotha up..

Somebody on the Northside got a suggestion for one after the 12th

Post imported post

Hey Cory I'll set one up for the Peninsula.How about the week of the 21st. I'm trying to find some place that we haven't been.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast