• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater July OC Dinner

vbnative73

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Maybe we should start a new topic with July's date?
Good catch, Ron. Got it. Sitting here in front of a computer for 12 hours with lots of freee time on my hands. LOL

DocDaddy

imported post

vbnative73, you beat me to it... I was starting the new thread also and I figured I would check 1 last time before posting new thread... this is what I was starting with:

Start the July OCDO planning!!!

Thursday the 10th @ Dominick’s Pizza and Pasta @ 7PM on Holland Drive in Virginia Beach has been thrown aroundin previous topics, but someone may want to contact him in person to make sure this is kosher with him... considering the recent events. DocV and I live in that neck of the woods, so one of us could swing by there.

rkellerjr

imported post

Being a newby not sure I should comment but, for some of us living on the peninsula, having a weekday dinner in VA Beach is at best, difficult to get to, and even if we do make it the drive back makes for a very late night. Just something to think about, weekends are much easier to navigate :D

vbnative73

imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
vbnative73, you beat me to it... I was starting the new thread also and I figured I would check 1 last time before posting new thread... this is what I was starting with:

Start the July OCDO planning!!!

Thursday the 10th @ Dominick’s Pizza and Pasta @ 7PM on Holland Drive in Virginia Beach has been thrown aroundin previous topics, but someone may want to contact him in person to make sure this is kosher with him... considering the recent events. DocV and I live in that neck of the woods, so one of us could swing by there.
Being as this will be my first dinner, I'll leave it to a veteran to inquire with the owner. But if he's cool with it, I'll be there!

Bubba Ron

imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
Being as this will be my first dinner, I'll leave it to a veteran to inquire with the owner. But if he's cool with it, I'll be there!
We don't enquire with the owner - we show up - for over two years we've never been refused admittance (of course there's always a first time, and if it ever happens there are plenty of other places to go).

DocDaddy

imported post

rkellerjr wrote:
Being a newby not sure I should comment but, for some of us living on the peninsula, having a weekday dinner in VA Beach is at best, difficult to get to, and even if we do make it the drive back makes for a very late night. Just something to think about, weekends are much easier to navigate :D
Valid point... which is usually why there is alternatingevery other weekOCDO's between the southside and the northside, that makes it fair for both sides. Since the first one this month is down here, the next one (tenantive date) about the 17th will be up on that side. You can read http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/11308.htmlfor the month of June and how things alternated. Some people do set things up for weekend lunches also, so keep checking the threads.

rkellerjr

imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
rkellerjr wrote:
Valid point... which is usually why there is alternatingevery other weekOCDO's between the southside and the northside, that makes it fair for both sides. Since the first one this month is down here, the next one (tenantive date) about the 17th will be up on that side. You can read http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/11308.htmlfor the month of June and how things alternated. Some people do set things up for weekend lunches also, so keep checking the threads.
Sounds like a plan, thanks.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Even though I said "we don't ask ahead of time" I think these posts from the previous topic on this should be considered:

Dutch Uncle: At first, I agreed it would be a good place to go, especially for the symbolism. On the other hand, I think we need to realize that the owner and his staff have been through a very disturbing event, which very few of us have been through. They might not be too pleased with 15-20 people walking in open carrying. This is one case where I think it would be wise to ask first, and not get huffy if the owner says "No thanks, fellas".

mp3mogul: I much agree. It is a traumatic event, for the shooter and for the people that work there that have been a part of this.

I don't even think that contacting the owner for an OC dinner is appropriate at this juncture, it may have a negative effect on him, and he may ban guns in the restaurant.

C

ccloud43

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
How about Saturday the 12th? There's a place called The Wing King on VA Beach Blvd. I've OCd there, and they have tables that can be put together.
Glen is this a dinner or lunch, If it is a dinner we can make it, but cant for lunch, I have to work.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
GLENGLOCKER wrote:
How about Saturday the 12th? There's a place called The Wing King on VA Beach Blvd. I've OCd there, and they have tables that can be put together.
Glen is this a dinner or lunch, If it is a dinner we can make it, but cant for lunch, I have to work.
Dinner would be good. I was just suggesting Saturday, the times not a big deal.