• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater July OC Dinner

Bullbuster

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Even though I said "we don't ask ahead of time" I think these posts from the previous topic on this should be considered:

Dutch Uncle: At first, I agreed it would be a good place to go, especially for the symbolism. On the other hand, I think we need to realize that the owner and his staff have been through a very disturbing event, which very few of us have been through. They might not be too pleased with 15-20 people walking in open carrying. This is one case where I think it would be wise to ask first, and not get huffy if the owner says "No thanks, fellas".

mp3mogul: I much agree. It is a traumatic event, for the shooter and for the people that work there that have been a part of this.

I don't even think that contacting the owner for an OC dinner is appropriate at this juncture, it may have a negative effect on him, and he may ban guns in the restaurant.
In doing so might it be a good idea to inform him we would like to do it in support of what he did for himself and his employees. Also let him know about OCDO and even VCDL. Who knows he may want to join up.

paramedic70002

imported post

Doesn't matter to me, but I do have a request.

When it is finally decided, can someone in charge of such things post something like:

THE PLACE, DATE AND TIME OF THE JULY GET TOGETHER IS: **************.

That way if I or someone else is quickly scanning the posts, it will be easy to find.

C

ccloud43

imported post

Ok 1 Dinner for sure is Wing King on Va Beach Blvd.

Sat 12 July @ 1900

Glen can you post the address for the one you were talking about. I dont have a phone book handy

We need to have a dinner on the Hampton side soon,counting this one at Wing King it will be 3 in a row on the southside. So lets hook a northside brotha up..

Somebody on the Northside got a suggestion for one after the 12th

Bubba Ron

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
Doesn't matter to me, but I do have a request.

When it is finally decided, can someone in charge of such things post something like:

THE PLACE, DATE AND TIME OF THE JULY GET TOGETHER IS: **************.

That way if I or someone else is quickly scanning the posts, it will be easy to find.
Not a bad idea - BUT - we usually have more than one a month, sometimes three a month. If the communications are not all inclusive on each post, we do have some folks ending up at the wrong place, or at least being confused. In other words it's better to post "I'll be at the "enter restaurant name" on the "enter date and time" rather than "I'm down" - right Danbus ;)

Bubba Ron

imported post

Tralpat wrote:
I'm new to this sight but would love to attend a dinner in the Hampton area.
We have lots of them on both sides of the water - you are more than welcome to attend any and all!!! Welcome to OCDO and if you have not signed up for the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) VA-Alerts please give them a look!! The VCDL website is http://www.vcdl.org and most of us are proud to be members!!! A few VA-Alerts ought to be enough to intice you to join the nations BESTgrassroots organization for defending our rights to keep and bear arms!!

Ya got me while I was posting Dutch!! We may not be able to make the nextfew dining outs :(we have our 3 grandkids with us from Arkansas forthe rest of July and probably the first week of August :shock:we haven't seen them in 3 years - a long story we'll save for later.....you know if we can make it we'll be there!!!

paramedic70002

imported post

What could be hotter than immersing the new interest in an armed environment? Would be a simple way to see which way she leans right off. Either you find out you are wasting your time, or you have a whole new way to connect.

danbus

imported post

I can't make this one. I'm breakdancing at Buckroe Beach @ 5pm until they close or I get tired.

Promise I'll make the next one...if we had one on....July 19th....

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

danbus wrote:
I can't make this one. I'm breakdancing at Buckroe Beach @ 5pm until they close or I get tired.
Don't forget your BMWAG hat and voice recorder. Get someone to videotape any encounters this time.:D

DocDaddy

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
What could be hotter than immersing the new interest in an armed environment? Would be a simple way to see which way she leans right off. Either you find out you are wasting your time, or you have a whole new way to connect.
She already digs guns... she shoots stuff off the fence post from her back porch (she lives approx 30 min north of you... so you know the area!) Appreciate the concern! :lol: