• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater July OC Dinner

C

ccloud43

imported post

rescueguy456 wrote:
So when and where'sthe next one???

Kimbercarry was looking to set one up on the northside but he has not posted anything.

If you want to set one up go ahead im sure we can get some people there.

Seachicken, the closest place to eat by PETA is on Colley Ave about a mile away, Well at least as far as i have seen, and I drive by it 5 days a week.

Henry Bowman

imported post

Are you guys planning anything the 4th/5th of August? I am riding up from Atl to Little Creek Amphib Base to check out the old stomping grounds that weekend so if there is something going on that weekend please post it here. It's a LONG ride on a motorcycle, but I look forward to seeing VA Beach again.

C

ccloud43

imported post

Henry Bowman wrote:
Are you guys planning anything the 4th/5th of August? I am riding up from Atl to Little Creek Amphib Base to check out the old stomping grounds that weekend so if there is something going on that weekend please post it here. It's a LONG ride on a motorcycle, but I look forward to seeing VA Beach again.
Sure,I will set something up. According to my calander that is a Mon/Tues. so would you like it on either one of those days or on the weekend.

Henry Bowman

imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
Henry Bowman wrote:
Sure,I will set something up. According to my calander that is a Mon/Tues. so would you like it on either one of those days or on the weekend.
Sorry, yes the weekend would be better, Sat or Sun evening if possible. It's been over 30 years since I've been there so everything will have changed drastically. Can you recommend any cheap hotels ??

Thanks

You guys can't PM like we do at GA Carry can you?

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hey Cory sorry I haven't set up anything. I've been busy taking care of family stuff. Ron contacted me today and ask about the OC dinners. I was thinking of setting one up at Vinney's next week but I see your setting up one for the following week.

Should i set it up for another time? maybe after the one your're setting up for the 4th or 5th? You guys chime in and say when.

Bubba Ron

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
Hey Cory sorry I haven't set up anything. I've been busy taking care of family stuff. Ron contacted me today and ask about the OC dinners. I was thinking of setting one up at Vinney's next week but I see your setting up one for the following week.

Should i set it up for another time? maybe after the one you're setting up for the 4th or 5th? You guys chime in and say when.
Sounds like the "old" days, when we were going out once a week!!!!

Sea_Chicken

imported post

I think weekend dinners work better for alot of people because most of us work during the week. Please forgive my many typos on my posts my fingers move faster than my brain in most cases.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Sea_Chicken wrote:
I think weekend dinners work better for alot of people because most of us work during the week. Please forgive my many typos on my posts my fingers move faster than my brain in most cases.
Well Sea Chicken, as a person who retired from the Navy in 1988, and one half of the original Open Carry Dining Out couple - I can tell you that the vast majority of our dining outs have been on weekdays. We have regulars on both sides of the river and weekdays have worked far better than weekends. So here's a compromise - schedule your weekends any time you want, but we sincerely hope the weekdays continue as they have in the past....

C

ccloud43

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:

Should i set it up for another time? maybe after the one your're setting up for the 4th or 5th? You guys chime in and say when.

I kinda figured you were busy and others were asking so I thought I might set one up on that side.

Vinney's would be great so how about Thur 31 july at the usual time of 1900

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
C

ccloud43

imported post

Great...Vinny's on the 31st at 1900, see everyone there.

OK I'm setting up another dinner for Sat the 2nd for those that cant make it to the one on the 31st. I will post place when i have more info..

Thanks Skidmark, I sent him a PM