• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FBI Director Lies - says MAJORITY of guns will hurt owners

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/354/story/455146.html

From the story:

Mueller said communities will have to determine their own license programs. As a former Marine who served in Vietnam, he said "I tend to believe weapons harm people and more often than not they harm the people carrying them."

MORE OFTEN THEN NOT means IN THE MAJORITY OF CASES

This means he thinks more than 50% of gun owners will be hurt by OUR OWN GUNS.

he needs to resign for IDIOCY if nothing else, never mind his hatred of the second amendment.

Too bad I didn't think to add a poll to see how many of us have been shot by our own guns. Must be at least a few dozens of us according to Mueller.

Almost as infuriating - the title of the aritcle says it all

FBI chief: Gun ruling makes campuses less secure
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DopaVash wrote:
So even the FBI says that 'Guns Kill People'?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Yeah aren't you glad to know one of the chief federal law enforcement officials is in direct opposition to the cause in your avatar.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

DopaVash wrote:
So even the FBI says that 'Guns Kill People'?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I think that is a widely held viewpoint in the Federal Government.

United States Congress (Title 18,Section 922, Paragraph Q)wrote:
(1) The Congress finds and declares that—

(B) crime at the local level is exacerbated by the interstate movement of drugs, guns, and criminal gangs;

That's only a small part of Paragaph Q, 1, but paragraph Q,1 basically goes on to say that gun control will reduce crime in school zones because guns make school zones lesssafe.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Skeptic wrote:
Too bad I didn't think to add a poll to see how many of us have been shot by our own guns. Must be at least a few dozens of us according to Mueller.
Oh, my! Well, I've only owned my XD for 2.5 years, and the young fella has behaved himself thus far. My only other gun is a hundred year old antique I inherited years ago. He's become fairly docile in his old age and has taken up residence in a shadow box hanging on my den wall. Guess I'll be keeping a close eye on both of them now, though.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't understand why this is a surprise to anyone. If you thought the FBI was on "our side" after Vicki Weaver and the Branch Davidians, you must have been living under a rock. :)

The federal government is the sworn enemy of personal liberty and freedom. Look at their actions over the last 100 years. You will know them by their fruits.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

possumboy wrote:
Is he referring to the suicide stats?
I don't know, but unless more than 50% of people who own a gun commit suicide with it, he is full of manure.

Maybe he is about to announce that the FBI is going to disarm it's agents because guns are so dangerous to the people who carry them :celebrate:celebrate

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
Skeptic wrote:
Oh, my! Well, I've only owned my XD for 2.5 years, and the young fella has behaved himself thus far. My only other gun is a hundred year old antique I inherited years ago. He's become fairly docile in his old age and has taken up residence in a shadow box hanging on my den wall. Guess I'll be keeping a close eye on both of them now, though.
Now that you mention it.. I remember just the other day I opened one of my safes. The gun I didn't take out was looking at me with this serious attitude. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but man I guess you just cannot be too careful. Imagine if one day my gun gets in a bad mood!

Jack Hollowpoint

imported post

"More often than not" is one of those jingoistical catch phrases that bureaucrats and political types are wont to toss out, but which have lost any sort of literal meaning.

Other catch phrases you'll hear lately if you follow the news are:

"At the end of the day."

"In the final analysis."

"The bottom line."

"Kitchen table issues."

"At the end of the day, in the final analysis, the bottom line is that more often than not hard working Americans view being shot by guns in the home as a fundamental kitchen table issue."

-- And it's starting to come in over the tops of my boots . . .

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I pinched part of the palm of my hand the other day putting the magazine in, oh and the 30.06 bruised up my shoulder just a bit after a long day at the range once, or maybe its those people that get too close to the scope and get knocked in the eye brow...

That must be what hes talking about.... and whats with all these former Marines saying guns are bad? I was in the USMC and I'm for them!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

bobernet wrote:
I don't understand why this is a surprise to anyone. If you thought the FBI was on "our side" after Vicki Weaver and the Branch Davidians, you must have been living under a rock. :)

The federal government is the sworn enemy of personal liberty and freedom. Look at their actions over the last 100 years. You will know them by their fruits.
Amen.. ain't that the truth.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"Mueller said communities will have to determine their own license programs. As a former Marine who served in Vietnam, he said "I tend to believe weapons harm people and more often than not they harm the people carrying them."

:what: Goodness gracious! That certainly is frightening. I think we need to immediately disarm all members of the FBI, CIA, BATFE, DEA, Secret Service, National Parks Service, Forest Service, IRS and local LE as We, the People, certainly cannot afford to pay the hospital bills or disability payments for that more than 50% of all those law enforcement types carrying guns all the time who will eventually be harmed by a weapon they are carrying.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The MAJORITY of stupid statements made by power hungry control freaks such as the FIB (sic)Director make my brain hurt.

Thanks Skeptic. Now I feel stupider for having read his comments.

JosephMingle

imported post

I enjoyed the comments. Especially this one:

Well as a former police officer it is my opinion that citizens kill more criminals than all law enforcement combined. The reason is that being the victim you are the first at the scene of the crime. I dont care who says that gun's are just too dangerous for an avrage citizen to own, I would much rather defend myself and family than wait for law enforcement to take pictures of another dead victim. The best way to control the population is to disarm them...Not while I have a god given breath in my lungs!
Mike | 07.01.08 - 4:56 pm |

Can we chalk one up for the LEOs (even if he is former)?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

JosephMingle quoted:
SNIP ...who says that gun's are just too dangerous for an average citizen to own ...
Someonespreading false information. And, someonerevealing themselves as elitists who think less--lots less--of the common man than themselves.