• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fire Mission: Repeal Second Amendment poll

HerbM

imported post

Low numbers? Low number of total votes, about 40 when I looked.

Good percentage for us, but it would not take many people to ruin them or even reverse them.

Sorry for the lack of clarity -- when I was looking at the total votes it seemed obvious but clearly is wasn't so thanks for pointing that out.

Amazing how knowing the context makes confusing statements (mine) 'obvious'. :banghead:

ToJas

imported post

Yeah, repeal the second amendment... Why not the first, third, fourth, and fifth while we're at it? Heck, screw the whole constitution, it's outdated anyway.

AnaxImperator

imported post

Figures an article like this would come out of Chicago.... but that the Traverse City Record-Eagle would run it is mildly surprising. Then again, maybe not. Even though Traverse City has a fairly low number of registered Democrats, the cityis home toa pretty large number of retired doctors, teachers, artists,and other libs..... and it's typical I guess that the local newsrag would pander to them.

hsmith

imported post

While I do not AGREE WITH REPEALING THE SECOND AMENDMENT

It would be the CORRECT way to "disarm" the public.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Actually, there is no correct way. The Bill of Rights simply codifies something that already exists extrinsically. The document does not create rights, nor could it abolish them.

"We hold these truths to be self evident" they are self-evident... they don't need to be written down, recognized, stated, etc.

"that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights" the rights come by the very nature of being human. Further, these rights are "inalienable," that is,
Code:
Main Entry:in·alien·able 
Pronunciation:       \(ˌ)i-ˈnāl-yə-nə-bəl, -ˈnā-lē-ə-nə-\     
Function:adjective 
Etymology:probably from French inaliénable, from in- + aliénable alienable
Date:circa 1645        
:incapable of being alienated, surrendered, or transferred <inalienable rights>
The rights cannot be removed from the people in any way.

"that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

Among these. Those are not the only inalienable, Creator-endowed rights. The Bill of Rights recognizes more. And there are even more rights that are not in either document.

"That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it..."

Government exists for one and only one purpose... to secure the Rights of the People. Government cannot create, bestow or remove rights. It can secure (protect) them, or it can be abolished. It serves no other purpose.

This seems a fitting weekend to be mindful of these facts.

vbnative73

imported post

Should the 2nd Amendment be repealed?

Yes
4.23%
redbar2.gif

No
94.62%
redbar2.gif

Not sure
1.15%
redbar2.gif

Don't care
%
redbar2.gif

260 votes counted

falcon1

imported post

Voted No. Current results:

Should the 2nd Amendment be repealed?

Yes 4.01%
No 94.89%
Not sure 1.09%
Don't care %

274 votes counted

murphy2

imported post

Yeah! What bobernet said. So let me ask this. Sense it is inalienable and the government dose not grant rights. Isn't anyone that tries to "REPEAL" not just the 2nd but any others, committing treason? I'd think so.

Garza

Tampa, Currently in Newport News,VA, Florida, USA
imported post

I've got an idea. Let's base ourrights on how people feel. If guns make you :(then we will ban them. And if waiting for the cops while you are getting (robbed/raped/beaten/etc) makes you feel :), Let's do that. What tragedy will it take for some of these people to get the message. You can be Proactive or Reactive. I just choose to be Proactive.(Taurus PT92 9mm 17rounds of yummyHollow Points:celebratelol)It is amazing that others will be proavtive for everyting but the defense of their own lives.

I have to say, it really burns me up to hear people complain about guns. Let's get real here, can anyone seriously believe that if guns didn't exist crime would disappear? Rhetorical Question. Of course they can. I mean look at D.C., there has to be some statistics that show that crime went down,...right? :banghead: Didn't think so.

Is it just me or are we the only sane people out there? When will eveyone else realize that criminals (the guys who break the law) will not abide by the law (that little concept the good guys believe in).

Carry ON!!! :celebrate:celebrate

Huck

imported post

On Tuesday, five members of the court edited the 2nd Amendment. In essence, they said: Scratch the preamble, only 14 words count.

In doing so, they have curtailed the power of the legislatures and the city councils to protect their citizens.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now how is making honest people helpless targets for criminals protecting anyone except the criminals?