• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cinemark Theaters

thx997303

imported post

No hard feelings, I understand, and I wonder if maybe I shouldn't have inquired, although there was a case I knew of where someone did get kicked out of a cinemark for OCing, your question just reminded me of it.

I think you are referencing the Utah thread though, they didn't get hot headed on the national thread. (this one)

xRapidDavex

imported post

Correct, I was referring to the utah thread and was too lazy to post over there :p

xRapidDavex

imported post

I'm jumping to these threads from my email account directly. I close the window after I post.

Anyways, I hope Cinemark wakes up and realizes that good guys + firearms = safety :celebrate

thx997303

imported post

I'm doing the same thing, while reading up on some ballistics, I want to get me some good self defense rounds in 9mm.

xRapidDavex

imported post

I dunno what you mean by "good" but the guy at Doug's swears by Gold Dot Speers. Hydrashocks are also "supposed" to be good defensive rounds.

thx997303

imported post

Speers seem to have only the minimum in penetration when shot into ballistics jelly, but expansion is good, And Hydrashocks appear to not have even minimal penetration at an average of 10" of course this is all gonna start some questioning tommorow when everyone wakes up and reads this thread.

PM me about the ammo

DirkD

How did that weapons ban work for you Cinemark?

probably not so hot. Trial ****** are gonna have a field day with this place. I hope they bankrupt them. Even if someone had a weapon, we don't know if they could have stopped this idiot, but at least some brave patriot would have tried

georg jetson

probably not so hot. Trial ****** are gonna have a field day with this place. I hope they bankrupt them. Even if someone had a weapon, we don't know if they could have stopped this idiot, but at least some brave patriot would have tried

Multiple armed LACs would have made a difference. This is a good example of why LAC carry should be encouraged(concealed or OC).

Last edited:

LongRider

It seems to me that the easy way to be protected while at the same time avoiding being hassled is simply to conceal while you're in the theater.
It is ILLEGAL for him to carry concealed ever at anytime or place until he is of legal age to acquire a concealed carry permit . To suggest that he break the law for any reason is an EXTREMELY bad idea. One I hope he is smart enough top not even consider. In fact I hope the mods have the good sense to delete your post. Promoting criminal activity does none of us or our cause any good