• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show This weekend

yeahYeah

imported post

Anyone else besides me going?

This will be my first gun show since i moved to America from New York.

Stocking up on ammo for my 9mm and my AK.

wayneco

imported post

Which gun show where? Nevada is a pretty big state.

Welcome to America, former New York resident!

Also, northern Nevadans (and northern Caifornians) ought remember to put the next Big Reno Show on your calendars for the end of August (22-23-24) 2008.

It's a huge show at the Grand Sierra in Reno. http://bigrenoshow.com/

yeahYeah

imported post

oh sorry - vegas..

Ive been here a year on sunday.

i would love to go up to reno for a weekend. i may plan on that show in August.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The last Vegas show I went to was a complete waste of time. I might drop by if there's nothing else going on, or if others are interested in using it as an excuse for an OC meet & greet.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Yes, you can. You have to unload (or conceal) in the show, but firearms are not prohibited.

There are a million places within close driving distance to meet up before or after the show.

yeahYeah

imported post

As the public enters all guns must be checked at the door, clips out and ties to secure them so that they cannot be operated, be breached or loaded. All dealer guns if not under a glass case or taken apart must be tied.From:
http://www.lasvegasgunshow.com/xrules.htm

i can call and get more info...i would conceal while in there.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I already know the rules. I've been there multiple times. It has to be unloaded in the show. You can conceal and just not say anything at the door, or you can consent to unloading and having the action zip-tied while you're in there. Walk out the door, put magazine back in, done.

Annoying, but not a big deal.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have both concealed and OC'd at various times. If it's for an OC event, I would obviously OC. But I don't promise I won't carry a BUG concealed. ;)

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I wouldn't be inclined to discuss my undergarments, scars, tattoos, what credit cards are in my wallet or anything else with a stranger who asked.

yeahYeah

imported post

i get your point.

they try to disarm gun owners at a gun show - ironic actually.

this is my first gun show so i am pretty excited.

yeahYeah

imported post

Vegas_Dave wrote:
OC Meet and Greet my be fun. Personally, have no interest in a gun show... wife wouldnt let me buy anything anyways.
i got the OK from my hunny a while ago...i do have a budget.

if there is an M&G around, maybe i can swing by.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The last show I attended, there were no signs or metal detectors at each public entrance. So, even if it is a "public building" under the law's definition, it isn't illegal unless they've added signs at each entrance or metal detectors since then.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

From NRS 202...

(b) “Public building” means any building or office space occupied by: (1) Any component of the Nevada System of Higher Education and used for any purpose related to the System; or (2) The Federal Government, the State of Nevada or any county, city, school district or other political subdivision of the State of Nevada and used for any public purpose. If only part of the building is occupied by an entity described in this subsection, the term means only that portion of the building which is so occupied.
Cashman Center is not part of the Nevada System of Higher Education.
Cashman Center's convention hall is not "occupied" by the Federal Government, State of Nevada, or any county, city, school district or other political subdivision of the State of Nevada. Hence, the convention hall - during a gun show - clearly does not meet the legal definition of "public building."

They cannot legally prevent concealed carry.

Even if this was a convention room attached to city hall, it would not qualify as "only that portion of the building which is so occupied" during a gun show, wedding reception, trade show, etc.

Ken, how would you argue that a convention hall, being used to host a gun show, is being occupied by the government or school system?